[OPEN] [#106] Navigation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[OPEN] [#106] Navigation

I am looking to create a navigation with drop down menu just like Linkedin.com. Please provide sample code Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	4635
    Last edited by Daniil; Dec 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM. Reason: [OPEN] [#106]
    Quote Originally Posted by rnachman View Post
    I am looking to create a navigation with drop down menu just like Linkedin.com. Please provide sample code Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	4635
    At this time, I don't think we have a code sample demonstrating exactly this scenario.

If you develop as much of a sample as you can, we'll be happy to help with specific technical issues.

Maybe a Toolbar with a Button and Menu would be a good start. You'll have some css work to do with the styling though.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    At this time, I don't think we have a code sample demonstrating exactly this scenario.

If you develop as much of a sample as you can, we'll be happy to help with specific technical issues.

Maybe a Toolbar with a Button and Menu would be a good start. You'll have some css work to do with the styling though.
    We have already tried to use toolbar with a button and menu. We created a menu just like this example https://examples2.ext.net/#/Toolbar/...rizontal_Menu/

It does not perform well at all. The performance is HORRIBLE. The drop down menu's get stuck open if you mouse over the button quickly.

I am surprised that you guys don't have a navigation and menu like what I referenced...There are literally hundreds or thousands of websites that have exactly what I am looking for. This is a very simple navigation.
    We have already tried to use toolbar with a button and menu. We created a menu just like this example https://examples2.ext.net/#/Toolbar/...rizontal_Menu/

It does not perform well at all. The performance is HORRIBLE. The drop down menu's get stuck open if you mouse over the button quickly.

I am surprised that you guys don't have a navigation and menu like what I referenced...There are literally hundreds or thousands of websites that have exactly what I am looking for. This is a very simple navigation.
    I can't say I've noticed any performance issues with the Toolbar+Button+Menu combination, but maybe they do exist in certain configurations.

Sorry we don't have the Component you're looking for. Maybe in the future sometime. Feel free to develop something as a UX component. I'm sure others in the Community would be interested if you post and share the source.

Cheers.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I can't say I've noticed any performance issues with the Toolbar+Button+Menu combination, but maybe they do exist in certain configurations.

Sorry we don't have the Component you're looking for. Maybe in the future sometime. Feel free to develop something as a UX component. I'm sure others in the Community would be interested if you post and share the source.

Cheers.
    Yes -- We have tried to use the button + drop down menu, but as you can see from your example...The drop down menu easily gets stuck if you mouse over it quickly. If you can resolve this issue, then this would work for us.

You can literally go to almost any website, and find the type of navigation with drop down menu that I am looking for. See Network Solution Main Navigation https://www.networksolutions.com/

Is there a specific reason that you guys don't have this type of menu already developed?
    Yes -- We have tried to use the button + drop down menu, but as you can see from your example...The drop down menu easily gets stuck if you mouse over it quickly. If you can resolve this issue, then this would work for us.
    Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce this "gets stuck" issue.

Is there a specific reason that you guys don't have this type of menu already developed?
    This functionality can be built using Toolbar+Button+Menu. That is why we do not have a specific "website menu" component.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce this "gets stuck" issue.

This functionality can be built using Toolbar+Button+Menu. That is why we do not have a specific "website menu" component.

I need the menu to automatically close if the mouse is not touching the button, or the menu. Currently the EXT example I linked does not have a menu that will automatically close everytime you mouse over the button or menu. Start your mouse above the button, and move your mouse in a downward motion over the button and menu...The menu will open but not close. You should be able to easily reproduce this problem. The button menu's are not nearly responsive enough, like the example menus I posted above.

Can you develop an example that works where the menu opens and closes responsively, and automatically closes when the mouse is not in contact with the button or menu?
    Hi,

Well, I remember you have previously requested such functionality and we came up with a solution, isn't that so?

Thanks for the suggestion to make a new example, we will keep an eye on that.

I am unable to reproduce this issue as well. Providing us with any more details how to reproduce would be good. What browser did you test with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    I am unable to reproduce this issue as well. Providing us with any more details how to reproduce would be good. What browser did you test with?
    Daniil,

I am testing in Chrome. When I move my mouse over the button and menu (top to bottom)...Once the mouse is no longer contacting the menu...The menu remains open and does not automatically close. So what happens is we have a bunch of drop down menus that get stuck open as users mouse around the page. Often these menus are covering up other functionality, and makes the page very unusable.

Again -- What I am looking for is a very simple menu that can be found in millions of websites. I need the drop down menu to automatically close, and not get stuck open, after you mouse over it. We have been unsuccessful, in getting this to work perfectly. We have gotten close, but our menus still get stuck if you mouse over them very quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu 1.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	4638
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast