Ext JS 4 Roadmap

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Hi geoffrey.mcgill!

Thanks for your speedy response! Thank you for clearing my misunderstandings.

However, I think I haven't resolved all of my issues. I understand that Ext.NET 2.x will fully support ASP.NET MVC and the Razor View Engine, but does this mean that the underlying architecture of Ext.NET 2.x uses the ExtJS 4.x MVC architecture? Is it true that Ext.NET just generates ExtJS code for what you've expressed in the .NET environment using the Ext.NET controls? Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you!
    Hi,

We don't use ExtJS MVC. We use ASP.NET MVC.

For example, as a part of our MVC support we have implemented the classes inherited from the ActionResult to be used as a returned type of controller actions. Respectively, they are helpful to be used with Ext.NET controls.

If you submit an <ext:FormPanel> to a controller action, you should use the FormPanelResult class.

To deal with Stores you should use the StoreResult.

Etc.
    Hi Daniil!

Thanks a lot for clearing out a lot of my confusions about Ext.NET 2.0.

By the way, at first, our team was planning to use ASP.NET MVC3 with ExtJS 4.1 as our client side javascript framework. We've come across your site, and decided that by using Ext.NET 2.x, we can quickly build our web applications, thus sparing us a lot of development effort. We then tried it out but we were having difficulty getting Ext.NET controls to work with ASP.NET MVC 3. The examples in "Ext.NET Examples Explorer (Version 2.0 RC2)" site only shows Ext.NET 2.0 used with ASP.NET Web Forms, and not with ASP.NET MVC 3. "geoffrey.mcgill" said that the Ext.NET team is a little behind on upgrading the Northwind MVC sample - it's still using the old 1.x MVC.

Can you point us to a resource (page, tutorials, etc.) where Ext.NET 2.x controls are used with ASP.NET MVC3? Can you also show us some code snippets showing how Ext.NET 2.x is used with ASP.NET MVC 3 Razor? I will greatly speed up our evaluation of your product.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_aj View Post
    Hi Daniil!

Thanks a lot for clearing out a lot of my confusions about Ext.NET 2.0.

By the way, at first, our team was planning to use ASP.NET MVC3 with ExtJS 4.1 as our client side javascript framework. We've come across your site, and decided that by using Ext.NET 2.x, we can quickly build our web applications, thus sparing us a lot of development effort. We then tried it out but we were having difficulty getting Ext.NET controls to work with ASP.NET MVC 3. The examples in "Ext.NET Examples Explorer (Version 2.0 RC2)" site only shows Ext.NET 2.0 used with ASP.NET Web Forms, and not with ASP.NET MVC 3. "geoffrey.mcgill" said that the Ext.NET team is a little behind on upgrading the Northwind MVC sample - it's still using the old 1.x MVC.

Can you point us to a resource (page, tutorials, etc.) where Ext.NET 2.x controls are used with ASP.NET MVC3? Can you also show us some code snippets showing how Ext.NET 2.x is used with ASP.NET MVC 3 Razor? I will greatly speed up our evaluation of your product.

Thank you!
    Right at this moment, the best resource for Razor code samples are these forums. There are some great samples in here, and we are happy to elaborate on any scenarios you might need further clarification on.

The search box in the upper right of this page uses Google to index the site, or use the following in any google search...

site:forums.ext.net razor
    Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi,

Some concrete links:

Start with Ext.NET and Razor:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?16920

Razor examples project:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post83329

Chart with Razor:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post85967

As @Geoffrey said there are also many other examples on the forums. The forums searching via tags can also be helpful:
    http://forums.ext.net/search.php

Just type "razor" in the "Tag" field.
    We then tried it out but we were having difficulty getting Ext.NET controls to work with ASP.NET MVC 3.
    We would appreciate if you describe what kind of troubles did you experienced
    It will help us to improvement the toolkit (or we will help by answer)

EXT.NET 2.0 RAZOR and ASP.NET MVC 3 Sample Demo App

I am making a new thread with a new topic. Here is the link: EXT.NET 2.0 RAZOR and ASP.NET MVC 3 Sample Demo App Sorry for the hassle caused.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treepanel-gridview dynamic.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	4518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treepanel-gridview dynamic.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	4519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tables.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	4520  
    Last edited by michael_aj; Jul 21, 2012 at 4:12 AM. Reason: new thread
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_aj View Post
    Thanks in advance Sir!
    It would be best if you started a new thread. The topic of this thread is focused on the the Ext JS 4 / Ext.NET 2 Roadmap.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Please refer to this link: EXT.NET 2.0 RAZOR and ASP.NET MVC 3 Sample Demo App. Sorry for the hassle caused.
    Last edited by michael_aj; Jul 21, 2012 at 4:19 AM.
    Hi @geoffrey.mcgill!

Thank you for your recommendation to start a new thread. I am already modifying my thread post and am starting a new thread. Sorry for the hassle caused Sir!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast