[CLOSED] Unable to stretch ext:TextField to width of FitLayout Panel correctly

[CLOSED] Unable to stretch ext:TextField to width of FitLayout Panel correctly

I have a simple user control that contains among other usercontrols, a couple of standard <ext:TextFields>. All of these controls are within a <ext:FitControl>. The TextField has an IndicatorIcon attribute that seems to get stretched to the width of the container FitControl, but the input field itself does not. How do I get the input field to stretch as well ?

Here is the code of the usercontrol. This UserControl is also placed within another UserControl (with a FitLayout container)

See attachment for how this is being rendered.

<ext:FitLayout ID="tt" runat="server" AnchorHorizontal="100%" >
        <Content>        
            <nxt:LocCmb ID="LocListCmbTree" runat="server" Title="Parent Location" />
            <ext:TextField ID="txtlocationName" runat="server" FieldLabel="Location Name" IndicatorTip="Required field"
                IndicatorIcon="BulletRed" IDMode="Explicit" AnchorHorizontal="100%"  />                
            <nxt:LocList ID="nxtLocCmb" runat="server" Title="Location Type" StoreBaseParams="<%# CodeTypeSystemCode %>">
             </nxt:LocList>
            <ext:TextField ID="txtDescription" runat="server" FieldLabel="Description" 
                IDMode="Explicit" AnchorHorizontal="100%"/>
             <nxt:PriCmb ID="PriCmb1" runat="server" Title="Primary Contact" />
        </Content>
    </ext:FitLayout>
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StretchProblem.GIF 
Views:	98 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	3315
    Last edited by Daniil; Oct 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    In my case, I had my works (AnchorHorzontal="100%") done using FormPanel. Not sure if you would prefer using that in yours.
    FitLayout manages one item only
    Use AnchorLayout (do not use Content, use Anchors collection)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    FitLayout manages one item only
    Use AnchorLayout (do not use Content, use Anchors collection)
    Unfortunately I cannot use the <Anchors> collection because I have my user controls embedded also that need to be included and they are not of type
    Ext.Net.Anchor. It appears as if I can only use the <Content> collection ?

Here is the error I get when I try to use the AnchorLayout with Anchors collection ...

------
    Parser Error Message: Ext.Net.AnchorCollection must have items of type 'Ext.Net.Anchor'. 'nxt:LocCmb' is of type 'ASP.views_shared_usercontrols_locationcollection_ascx'.

Source Error: 

Line 30: <ext:AnchorLayout ID="tt" runat="server" AnchorHorizontal="100%" >
    Line 31: <Anchors>
    Line 32:         <nxt:LocCmb ID="LocListCmbTree" runat="server" Title="Parent Location" />
    Line 33:         <ext:TextField ID="txtlocationName" runat="server" FieldLabel="Location Name" IndicatorTip="Required field"
    Line 34:             IndicatorIcon="BulletRed" IDMode="Explicit" AnchorHorizontal="100%"  />
    ----------
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Oct 11, 2011 at 3:55 AM. Reason: please use [CODE] tags
    Well, it's true: any layout logic can't be applied for non-Ext.Net components.

We thought that <nxt:LocCmb> is a custom control inherited from some Ext.Net control.

You can try to wrap that user control is an <ext:Container>. But you should care about layout of this container yourself.