Asynchronous DirectMethod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Geoff for the links. I hv tried websync in the past and FluorineFX too for media streaming.

But I was wondering sumthing can be built into Ext.Net to enable asynchronous execution. So when we create a Direct Method say "ExecuteProcess" with a property, Async=true, it will provide us with 2 methods, BeginExecuteProcess and end ExecuteProcess, just like for web services. Or may be we can execute the delegates begin and end within directmethod itself, Just like PageAsyncTask.

I hv a good solution already working from a colleague, but was wondering if such a thing can be built into Ext.Net.

I am also trying PageAsyncTask. Will check and update u guys if m successful.
    Hi Amit,

Rahul just published the following blog post that might be related to your topic, see

http://www.rahulsingla.com/blog/2010...chronous-pages
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi Geoff,
    The colleague I was talking about was Rahul :). We are working on a common project and he provided me the above solution.

I mentioned in my previous post, its a goood solution and works perectly. But can this be built into core of Ext.net the way I mentioned in my previous post? May be I should post it in Feature request.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by amitpareek View Post
    But can this be built into core of Ext.net the way I mentioned in my previous post? May be I should post it in Feature request.
    I haven't studied the issue in detail, so it's a bit difficult for me to commit to anything. I'll take another look this weekend.

If anything gets implemented, it'll have to be after the upcoming v1.0 Beta release.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    No Prob. I will be trying PageAsyncTask too this weekend. But still, DirectMethod with Async=True will be just perfect. For me atleast. Will ease the burden to a gr8 extent. It would be something like Rahul's code but builtin.

Lemme know when you look into it.

Good to hear v1.0 beta coming up soon.

Thanks
    Not really sure that Async="true" is the right property name, since DirectEvents are already Asynchronous.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    DirectEvents are not DirectMethods. IMHO DirectMethods can surely have this property name without an issue.

r u sure DirectEvents are executed asynchronously on server? If yes then I will need to check tht asap.
    Hey Geoff,
    Did you happen to look into this feature?
    Hi,

At this moment you can use small hack. If you need to call your DirectMethod async then call own async method in the DirectMethod (you can use void for return value of DirectMethod)

In the exit point just set direct method result to the
    HttpContext.Current.Items["ExtNetParam_DirectMethodResult"] = result;
    Thanks Vlad for the solutions. Can u give me a small example. I am a bit confused on where to call tht code.

I am looking at implementing the solution application wide. So a hack would not suffice. Need a more permanent solution so tht I dont hv to rework again.

I am already working on a solution. But if you think there is possible solution in near future, I can wait.

Thanks,
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast