How can I place any Ext control inside a GridPanel column?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grosenbrock View Post
    Okay, then you probably need to use the mouseover listener on your gridpanel and check if you are hovering over the menu element in your function before run the rest of your code. Only the menu in the the toolbar has its own listener for mouseover and not in the row.
    I tried that, mouseover on the GridPanel only triggers when you mouse over the grid itself and never with inner components such as the menu which makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul-2011 View Post
    I tried that, mouseover on the GridPanel only triggers when you mouse over the grid itself and never with inner components such as the menu which makes sense.
    That is correct since the framework will only give you so much and you have to go through the dom to find your way into the elements where you will find your menu element and manipulate it.
    I understand what you mean but that's not really going to work on this case because I need it to trigger only when the MenuItem is Activated (hovered) and from there I would need to read parameters from that MenuItem in order to run the query, I think that I've come to a limitation of the framework and perhaps that's why I got no response from Geoffrey, too bad there are so many components and you're really limited when you're working with a GridPanel, considering database apps are all about grids, thank you so much for you attention grosenbrock, if you ever get this sample I posted here to work on a GridPanel please let me know, I will post the code here if I ever get it working as well, take care!
    I am building an Excel look-a-like sheet where I already traverse through the tooltip to pick up what I want from the grid cell. You should be able something similar easily without me giving you my code pieces. My code pieces are not unique but found on the forum and/or examples.

For now I am just testing this framework and evaluating...

Edit: I can find the unique cell element and evaluate what to do so you should be able to do that too for each of your menus.
    Last edited by grosenbrock; Sep 02, 2010 at 3:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul-2011 View Post
    I think that I've come to a limitation of the framework and perhaps that's why I got no response from Geoffrey, too bad there are so many components and you're really limited when you're working with a GridPanel, considering database apps are all about grids
    Framework is just the window and you still need someone to put it in unless you understand the principals.
    Hi paul-2011,

What you are asking for is not built into the GridPanel component. It would take some time/effort to get this all working as per your specs.

Maybe the following example would help as an alternative, see

https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...u_Row_Command/
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Hi paul-2011,

What you are asking for is not built into the GridPanel component. It would take some time/effort to get this all working as per your specs.

Maybe the following example would help as an alternative, see

https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...u_Row_Command/
    Hi Geoffrey, thanks for responding, for some reason I didn't get notified about your reply even though I was monitoring the topic anyways that sample you pointed me to is very close to what I'm looking for but I was looking to create something very dynamic, which is to populate the split button menu items when you expand it, maybe it's a bad design, maybe not, let me know what do you think.
    Thanks,
    Paul
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12