[CLOSED] Callbacks not invoked when Panel iframe Autload page renders pdf content

[CLOSED] Callbacks not invoked when Panel iframe Autload page renders pdf content

Hi, I have a Panel set to autoload to a url with mode=iframe, (autoload is manually triggered).

The content sent by the server is inline pdf (not as attachment).

I have tried setting callback handlers at all places, in the load() call, in autoload config, as well as the update listener. However, none gets invoked.

I am sure there must be some way to invoke the callback when the pdf content gets loaded, because the autoload config also has ShowMsg=true. The LoadMask for load() is properly shown and then hidden when pdf content finishes loading. In my understanding, the LoadMask gets hidden in some type of callback after content loads. So, why are my callbacks not being invoked??
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 03, 2010 at 1:46 PM.
    Hi,

We use load event of an iframe to detect that loading process is finished. Unfortunately, that event is not fired by iframe if pdf file is source
    I am sure there must be some way to invoke the callback when the pdf content gets loaded, because the autoload config also has ShowMsg=true. The LoadMask for load() is properly shown and then hidden when pdf content finishes loading. In my understanding, the LoadMask gets hidden in some type of callback after content loads. So, why are my callbacks not being invoked??
    Loading mask is not hidden, just PDF ActiveX element always is placed over another html elements (pdf overlaps mask), if you check DOM treee under Firebug then you will see that mask element is not removed yet

We have added MonitorComplete property to the load config class. If set true then we will run a task which checks 'readyState' field of the iframe (until readyState=="complete")

Please update from SVN
    Here is the sample
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" 
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" />

<ext:Viewport runat="server" Layout="Fit">
                <Items>
                    <ext:Panel runat="server">
                        <AutoLoad Url="http://www.jsmag.com/jsmag_sample.pdf" ShowMask="true" MonitorComplete="true" />        
                        <Listeners>
                            <Update Handler="alert('done');" />
                        </Listeners>                
                    </ext:Panel>
                </Items>
            </ext:Viewport> 
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    Quote Originally Posted by vladimir View Post
    We use load event of an iframe to detect that loading process is finished. Unfortunately, that event is not fired by iframe if pdf file is source
    Hi vlad, in my understanding, IE does not support onload event on iframes. So, how do you detect iframe load in IE??

Loading mask is not hidden, just PDF ActiveX element always is placed over another html elements (pdf overlaps mask), if you check DOM treee under Firebug then you will see that mask element is not removed yet
    Well, I already figured that out...

We have added MonitorComplete property to the load config class. If set true then we will run a task which checks 'readyState' field of the iframe (until readyState=="complete")
    Thanks, I think that would be useful...
    Hi,

n my understanding, IE does not support onload event on iframes. So, how do you detect iframe load in IE??
    Hmm... I tested load event on IE6/7/8 and it works fine