[CLOSED] panel-derived custom class with child window - clent rendering order/method

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] panel-derived custom class with child window - clent rendering order/method

The situation: I have a custom panel that needs its own popup form window. If I was doing this all inline, then I'd just set the window up at the top of the code and then it would be there when the panel is created so I can set up references on the client side. However, I haven't figured out a good way to set it up in the custom class so I can have the window already in existence when the panel's JS constructor fires.

If I add the window to the panel's Controls collection, it gets rendered after the panel.

Another possibility is outputting the window to the panel's ConfigOptions, but I can't figure out the necessary options to get that to serialize properly. (I would say this would be the preferred implementation if it's feasible)

I could always work around by adding a getWindow() JS method that can find the window and reference that since I won't actually need the window until later, but I guess I'm a stickler for trying to do things the 'right' way (assuming I've even determined what that is).

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jan 19, 2015 at 4:00 AM.