[CLOSED] Timeout

[CLOSED] Timeout

Is there a timeout. I have two projects one with 1.0 and 8.2. If I leave the page for while they don?t work.

1.0 throw an error about viewstate

.8.2 doesn?t go anywhere

If I refresh the page then it will work fine

I am using window Auth so I don't care about page session
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Nov 09, 2010 at 8:56 PM.

RE: Timeout

I got this error on your site which the same error I get if I leave my page. I left my pc for about an hour. I unlocked ot and click edit , reply on the forum and I this this error

Server Error in '/' Application. 

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Source Error: 

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD><CODE>The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:
    1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>
    or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>
    Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.</CODE> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Stack Trace: 

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD><CODE>[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data.]
       System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.GetDecodedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32&amp; dataLength) +289
       System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +140

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate. 
    	Client IP: 64.208.159.230
    	Port: 12753
    	User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; MS-OC 4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    	ViewState: /wEPDwUKMTYwODI5NDMzNGQYAQUeX19Db250cm9sc1JlcXVpcmVQb3N0QmFja0tleV9fFgQFRWN0bDEwJGN0bFRvcGljJGN0bFBhbmVsQmFyJGN0bFRvcGljc1JlcGVhdGVyJGN0bDA0JGltZ0J1dEFkZFBvc3RSZXBseQVGY3RsMTAkY3RsVG9waWMkY3RsUGFuZWxCYXIkY3RsVG9waWNzUmVwZWF0ZXIkY3RsMDQkaW1nQnV0QWRkUXVvdGVSZXBseQVBY3RsMTAkY3RsVG9waWMkY3RsUGFuZWxCYXIkY3RsVG9waWNzUmVwZWF0ZXIkY3RsMDQkaW1nQnV0RWRpdFBvc3QFQ2N0bDEwJGN0bFRvcGljJGN0bFBhbmVsQmFyJGN0bFRvcGljc1JlcGVhdGVyJGN0bDA0JGltZ0J1dERlbGV0ZVBvc3R84gbDKIJthFq7tCNLYKfVKiLPAA==
    	Referer: forums.aspx
    	Path: /forums/ShwMessage.aspx]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]
       System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +106
       System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidationError(Exception inner, String persistedState) +14
       System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +242
       System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +4
       System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, String serializedState) +37
       System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +207
       System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +105
       System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +43
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
       ASP.forums_shwmessage_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously) +75
    </PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Nov 09, 2010 at 8:57 PM.

Hi,

I think it is session timeout problem
    Please see
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...icationse.aspx
    http://forums.asp.net/t/1194123.aspx

Try to increase timeout in the web.config
    <configuration>
      <sessionstate 
          mode="inproc"
          cookieless="false" 
          timeout="60" 
          sqlconnectionstring="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=<user id>;password=<password>"
          server="127.0.0.1" 
          port="42424" 
      />
    </configuration>

thanks I will try to add it. I didn't happen with other .Net project when I looked online I found other people have the same issue related to third party tools