[CLOSED] Coolite 1.0 Release date

[CLOSED] Coolite 1.0 Release date

Dear Coolite Team,

We have been using coolite control toolkit for our flagship product development for last 1 year or so. Now we are ready for production and there is no date (at least tentative date) is not annouced from coolite. Obvisouly we don't want to go to production with Beta product. This is creating very bad image on coolite controls and team.

Recently, we got svn upgrade to resolve a problem which triggred changes in around 36 screens. All the 36 screens were working fine before the upgrade. This is making me nervous.

We need an answer from you on the release date. Please provide the same.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jul 07, 2010 at 2:30 AM.

RE: Coolite 1.0 Release date

Hi Hari,

We do not have a firm release date for v1.0.

The issue you are experiencing with the vbox layout is being worked on and is a cause of our recent update to ExtJS 3.3.3.

We're hoping to implement a fix for the vbox layout issue soon.

A simple work-around has been proposed to you if you wish to correct the vbox issue right now.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I think the reason why the release date for v1.0 is the coolite team want to provide a better product for users. It's good. We can understand it. But the continuous delay of V1.0 is a problem for users, and it is also a problem for coolite team. I have a suggestion only for reference.

The coolite team can solve found or potential problems and release as V1.0 formally. Obviousely, the preview version of V1.0 has a great improvement, more exiting functionality have been added. Actually, we can not expect all functionalities can be provided in one new release. What most of the users need is a confirmation of status now, maybe not more functionalities.

We trust coolite will be better and better. And we hope coolite team can also give users a confirmation as soon as possible.

I echo with Santon Lee. Coolite team, please reconsider and publish release date officially. The product has to evolve, it is not fair to expect everything in good condition on any product in the begining itself.

I found no popular information about "Extjs 3.3.3"... Why don't you try with the lastest stable version of Extjs and give us a release date of Coolite 1.0? We've been waiting so long, and no more update at hompage, the last announcement told us that coolite team was going to make a release with "extjs version 3.2".

Coolite Team, I does not sound like ExtJS 3.3.3 is not released officially( I don't find any info on their web site). Why there is a upgrade required to for coolite controls?