Is there a way to get control's value properly when implementing XRender

Is there a way to get control's value properly when implementing XRender

Hi,

I'm developing an application. For each function, I will load the approriate user control by implementing XRender. However, I see that when a direct event on the user control is triggered, I cannot get value of controls inside the user control.

Do you know how to get control's value properly? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks for your reading.

RE: Is there a way to get control's value properly when implementing XRender

A simplified .aspx code sample would help us understand your scenario.

The following forum post might be helpful, see http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...1.aspx#bm34797

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Dear Geoffrey,
    I've followed the post you addressed but it was not working. Hereby, send a sample for your consideration.

Thanks for your help.

Dear Geoffrey,

I already have answer for my case. It is not possible to get value of coolite controls inside dynamic user web control because the coolite component does not update the hidden field __VIEWSTATE which is used to restore the page state on every trip backs. We can implement our own workaround to solve this case. However, we would like to use the proper implementation of Coolite component.

We are looking forward to hear from you. Thanks for your reading.

If you are just looking for the control's form data, you should be able to access it directly in the request via Me.page.request["MyControlUniqueID"]. Viewstate is used to restore properties of a control set dynamically. Textbox/input values are not stored in viewstate.

Hi all,

It is not a bug. It was my mistake. Sorry for that. The topic is closed.