[CLOSED] Extjs Charts and Group By Question

[CLOSED] Extjs Charts and Group By Question

Hey guys, do you know if charts support a group by function. If I attach a store to a chart, and group the store, will it group the information in the chart as well? Do I need to add anything to the chart itself to show it as using a grouped by store? I would much not rather build another store of grouped results if I don't have to (showing a chart/detail grid)

Thanks
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]

RE: Extjs Charts and Group By Question

Hi,

Unfortunatelly we did not include chart supporting to the toolkit yet. Therefore I cannot help you with this question because we did not investigate that part (chart) of the ExtJS

I know that PieChart can use GroupingStore (categoryField), not sure about another charts

RE: Extjs Charts and Group By Question

I think that's what I was my question, what charts supported the GroupingStore and it sounds like on the piechart (I'm guessing this actually an ExtJS limitation and not Coolite. I'm still using a combination of HighCharts using the ExtJS control and ExtJS Charts, but I didn't want to go through the effort of creating a new store of grouped information for the chart if the chart supported it out of the box.

Thanks

P.S. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but is there a timeline for charts to be included even in the pre-release 1.0? I'm muddling my way through it the best I can until which time they are supported fully. Thanks
    Hi,

The ExtJS charts has been included into Ext.NET v2.
    https://examples2.ext.net/#/Chart/Dashboard/Basic/

More details about Ext.NET v2 are here:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?16883