[CLOSED] GridPanel RowEditor - Error Tooltip repeatably showing when a field is invalid

[CLOSED] GridPanel RowEditor - Error Tooltip repeatably showing when a field is invalid

The RowEditor's error tooltip repeatably showing up when I have a field with invalid entry. For example, create a GridPanel with RowEditor, make sure MonitorValid="true". Enter editor mode for a row and make the column with allowblank == true (i.e. a SpinnerField), when you delete the value in the SpinnerField, the Error tooltip will repeatably showing up.

Currently the only work around is set the MonitorValid = "false" but lost the ability for error checking when clicking the Update button the RowEditor.

Thanks,
    Darren

RE: [CLOSED] GridPanel RowEditor - Error Tooltip repeatably showing when a field is invalid

Hi,

I am not sure what issue do you have. Yes, by default, if one of the editor is invalid then the tooltip is showing until you correct value in the editor. If you don't want that tooltip then set ErrorSummary="false" for the RowEditor

RE: [CLOSED] GridPanel RowEditor - Error Tooltip repeatably showing when a field is invalid

Hi, the issue is the error tooltip like flashing on and off (show, hide, show, hide...) non stop. I would like the error message to show but not flashing.

Hi,

I don't see none stop flashing. I see flashing when tab through editors only (when you switch between editors).
    Can you provide the sample which demonstrates none stop flashing? Which browser do you use? Try to update from SVN and retest

Hi,

You can reproduce the issue in the Example page @ https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...ins/RowEditor/

Try to edit the row and blank the field (i.e. Email field) and
    if you shrink the browser size (reduce the browser's width) to cover the last column, you will see the flashing effect.

Thanks.

Hi,

Tooltip requires the space therefore you need to disable it (ErrorSummary="false") or provide enough space.
    I will try to add ability to show tooltip in the another position

Hi ya, i guess I have to disable the ErrorSummary for now. Actually the real issue i am having is that i have many columns (mandatory) and unable to reduce them, therefore can't provide enough space for the error tooltip which always show at the end.