Suggestion: More comprehensive example on AjaxEvents.

Suggestion: More comprehensive example on AjaxEvents.

Hello,

Just an suggestion. As a beginner, I believe a more comprehensive example on AjaxEvents will help me a lot in understanding and using Coolite toolkit in the early stage.

Having gone through a steep learning curve by learning a bit of here and there, I found the example provided in the Example section "AjaxEvents" can be further improve to showcase it's ability to customize the Extra Params and Confirmation.

I would like to learn how Extra Params can be use to pass arguments back to my server side code and so on.

Thanks.

RE: Suggestion: More comprehensive example on AjaxEvents.

jeeshenlee (5/14/2010)Hello,

Just an suggestion. As a beginner, I believe a more comprehensive example on AjaxEvents will help me a lot in understanding and using Coolite toolkit in the early stage.

Having gone through a steep learning curve by learning a bit of here and there, I found the example provided in the Example section "AjaxEvents" can be further improve to showcase it's ability to customize the Extra Params and Confirmation.

I would like to learn how Extra Params can be use to pass arguments back to my server side code and so on.

Thanks.
    Absolutely.

Thanks for suggestion(s). I'll put together some new samples with a focus on the ExtraParams and Confirmation functionality.

Regarding your ExtraParams request, is there a specific scenario that you are thinking of? I could focus the sample on demonstrating that scenario.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: Suggestion: More comprehensive example on AjaxEvents.

Hello Geoffrey,

Thanks for considering my suggestion. I'm looking forward for the example. :)

I'm looking into the ways of adding ExtraParams and Confirmation to a Button where on submit/click will ask for confirmation and subsequently submit these ExtraParams to the server side for processing. The scenario that I'm working on is having a GridPanal and some HiddenFields on the client-side page. On submit/click of my top bar button, my server-side function will be triggerred with ExtraParams available for processing (update a record, manipulate another Store and etc).

Another scenario is to access my ExtraParams at the client-side javascript. I
    wanted to submit a field's value of the selected record in gridpanel to
    manipulate another grid panel's collumn renderer. For example, the field value "Date" (of the selected record) will change the renderer of another grid panel's collumn (Column A) to show 'Y-m-d' (e.g: 2010-05-18). And the field value "Day" (of the selected record) will change the render of another grid panel's collumn (Column A) to show 'string' (e.g: Monday, Tuesday... Sunday).

Thanks.

Regards,
    JeeShen Lee