[CLOSED] [1.0] Control with ID error during combo select direct event when combo in user control

[CLOSED] [1.0] Control with ID error during combo select direct event when combo in user control

I have a combo on a user control with a Direct Event wired up for the Select Event. When the Select event fires I get an Internal Server Error message:- "The control with ID 'RPO_PI_cbxProductMember' not found"

Example project attached - to test simply choose an entry on any of the combo's - error message will appear.

I am using SVN revision 2738

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Control with ID error during combo select direct event when combo in user control

Hi,

You have to recreate dynamic control (user control) on each request (even during ajax event) because ASP.NET cannot recreate such controls automatically. You have to call DisplayRecord (which loads user control) always, for each request

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Control with ID error during combo select direct event when combo in user control

Hi,

Thanks for the response - I've modified the Page_Load in default.aspx.cs so that DisplayRecord is called all the time (i.e. removed the 'if' on post back or ajax request), but still get the same error. In debug I can see the user controls being created.

Hi,

As I mentioned in the previous topic
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?postid=32193.aspx
    you have to add user controls to the ContentControls collection before SetupControl calling

I recommend to add recreating functionality only and rebinding
    Please see the attachment