[CLOSED] Slowness

[CLOSED] Slowness

Hi,

My application seems very slow. The slowness appears to be due to the activity of rendering rather than the activity of the database. There are guidelines to follow which can help me to investigate the cause of the slowness?

Thanks,
    Stefano

RE: [CLOSED] Slowness

Did you try it with Firefox? I have the same issues with IE8 and I found that IE just does a poor job of rendering, it's not really Extjs or the Coolite tools, but more of an IE issue.

IE9 should increase the rendering speed from what I've been reading.

Hi,

no, I did not try with Firefox. Unfortunately, the use of IE is a prerequisite for my application so I must try to solve the problem, where possible.

Bye,
    Stefano

How many Controls are you adding to the Page?

Try setting .RemoveViewState="true" on the ResourceManager.

If you have Windows that are initially hidden, try setting .AutoRender="false".

Are you using Layout Controls?

Setting Visible="false" on controls and try to determine if any one (or several) control is causing more render time than others.

Are you using unnecessarily nested controls? like overuse of Panel?

We would need to see some code samples to provide specifics.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

As well, I should ask which version you are using?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

If you are using v0.8.x and are setting .AutoRender="false" on any of the <ext:Window> components, you might need to add the following override to your Page.

The script must be rendered below where the extjs and coolite scripts are rendered on the Page.

Example

Ext.window.prototype.show = Ext.window.prototype.show.createInterceptor(function () {
        if (!this.rendered) {
            this.render(this.renderTo || (this.defaultRenderTo === "body" ? Ext.getBody() : &#100;ocument.forms[0]));
        }
    });
    The fix above was already included in v1.0 as while back.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi,

I'm using v. 1.0. I tried your suggestions but I haven't seen significant improvements.

I try to send you a code example that recurs frequently in my application. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stefano

Hi Stefano,

You code looks pretty good. Nothing obvious stood out.

You could try setting .AutoRender="false" on the Window, since it's hidden on initial Page_Load.

As well, could you either post here or email us (support@object.net) a copy of the html source from the browser. View > Source.

The html source should give us a better idea about whats going on.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder