[1.0] Revoke deprecation of MultiField

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

RE: [1.0] Revoke deprecation of MultiField

also please test the composite field with labels, I remember there was a fix to the multi-field in the last 6 months that made it work with left aligned labels, I tried the composite field and it didn't even show with my field labels.

Hi,

In the CompositeField it is better to use DisplayField instead Label

Yes, as per ExtJs docs, DisplayField is better inside CompositeField compared to a Label.

However, I can verify that Labels work under CompositeField. I hvae used them and they display exactly like they did in MultiField.

r_honey (5/5/2010)Yes, as per ExtJs docs, DisplayField is better inside CompositeField compared to a Label.

However, I can verify that Labels work under CompositeField. I hvae used them and they display exactly like they did in MultiField.
    Adding <ext:Label>'s and <ext:DisplayField>'s to a CompositeField do work, although they both appear to not vertical position nicely.

We're adding the <LayoutConfig> inner property to the CompositeField which should help with configuring the vertical alignment.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

The official "Feature Request" for the <LayoutConfig> is available at the following location, in case anyone would like to track.

http://extnet.lighthouseapp.com/proj...compositefield

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Was not aware of the use of LightHouseApp for Issue tracking. From when is this being sued??

To others watching this thread, you can use the following css class to make a Label/Display Field inside a CompositeField look exactly like FieldLabel:

.multiLbl
    {
    padding-top: 5px !important;
    font-size: 11px;
    }

Just specify multiLbl as Cls for Label/DisplayField.

How has the <ext:CompositeField> been performing lately? Are things working better now? Any feedback?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

geoffrey.mcgill (5/11/2010)How has the <ext:CompositeField> been performing lately? Are things working better now? Any feedback?

Hi Geoff, well its performing more decently now. Lazy instantization is probably no more an issue, but I still need to call doLayout() manually in some situations. Other than that, there were a couple of places more where I needed to modify code after a global migration to CompositeField (don't recall exactly what it was!!!), but on the whole, I think its fine now.

Hmmm... its still not perfect as yet. See the 2 attached screenshots.

I have 5-6 CompositeFields on the right edge, but only 3 of them are visible at any instant. Depending upon user actions on other parts of the form, some fields are hidden and some are exposed.

The form starts with 3 Composite fields visible and rest of them hidden. As you can see in the first screenshot, when they are made visible, they just show their FieldLabel without the fields themselves.

However, Composite fields that start visible (Hidden="False") display their child fields normally.

My workaround was to omit the Hidden=true from the config, but hide the fields in js code after the form had rendered.

Also, this problem occurs only in Chrome. FF &amp; IE display these fields normally.

ok. thanks for the report.

We're going to try and reproduce this locally and we'll update this thread once a fix has been committed to SVN.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast