Yet another AjaxEvents question

Yet another AjaxEvents question

Sorry guys, AjaxEvents question again.

1 - I have a test project that the AjaxEvents are working fine, except for the GridPanel RowSelect which I can't get to work with AjaxEvents. The only way to go to server-side is to put AutoPostBack=true which post the form as an standard postback.

2 - In other project I can't get the AjaxEvents to work. Yes, I added the <httpModule> as per the ReadMe.txt file. And Yes, I am using AjaxEventArgs. What else I may be doing wrong?

3 - Sorry if it's a stupid question: By using the GridPanel I cannot use UpdatePanels? At least not with AjaxEvents I supposed, because it throws an BADRESPONSE.

Apprecited your comments.

Leo.

RE: Yet another AjaxEvents question

Hi there,

I found where is the bug. The "BADRESPONSE: Sintax Error" message I was getting is NOT the result of the missing AjaxRequestModule node in the Web.config. It was enctype="multipart/form-data" that I was using for forms that I need file upload.

So here is the change you can test:

<form id="form1" enctype="multipart/form-data" runat="server">

Hope this helps.

Leo.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the update. This is now starting to make perfect sense. We're investigating to see if we can somehow work-around this enctype limitation.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

You could leverage my code in http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...2735-19-2.aspx (although there's a few fixes I made locally that I haven't uploaded back to the forum yet) if you need a simple RFC1867 parser. There's also an http module that shows how I'm using it.

hi davidhoyt,

I remember we discussed previously about your control, but for a scenario where I need just one file to be uploaded, it seems to be overkill.

If there is a way to use your HttpModule to avoid the mentioned error in this thread, it would be great to give it a try, but I just don't know where to start from?

Sorry if I am been so newbie here, but you have been investigating this control in a level that is far beyond my knoledge in terms of file uploading. Currently I am using Anthem FileUpload to do this job in a Ajax manner.

Really appreciate your effort and time to help me and to help the community. Again sorry if I didn't get your point.

Thanks,
    Leo.

What I meant is that the coolite folks could leverage my RFC1867 parser for reading out mutlipart/form-data information since that format is not the typical post format. It was meant for them so they could provide a fix without having to reinvent the wheel.

Hi,

We have fixed code. Now AjaxEvents work correctly with form with enctype="multipart/form-data"
    Please update from SVN and let us know if you still have problems