[CLOSED] Special char problem

[CLOSED] Special char problem

hi,

Textfield is not allowed special chars when i type , but its allowed special chars if copy and paste it... how to avoid it?

<ext:TextField ID="cltfDeliveryName" runat="server" MaskRe="[a-zA-Z]"  MaxLength="50" AllowBlank="false"</p>

BlankText="Delivery instruction name is required"></p>

</ext:TextField>
    </p>

RE: [CLOSED] Special char problem

Hi,

Unfortunatelly, javascript doesn't allow intercept (and any another actions) clipboard
    Therefore I can suggest to use own validation which allows to mark field as invalid when you paste (on blur event)
    Validator="function(value){return /[a-zA-Z]+/.test(value);}"

Validator

hi,

i have follow your suggestion, but its not showing validation mark in blur event.. plz see my code and send sample...

<ext:NumberField ID="cltfRate2" Validator="function(value){return /[a-zA-Z]+/.test(value);}" MinValue="0.1" MaskRe="[0-9.]" AllowDecimals="true" DecimalSeparator="." runat="server" MaxLength="5" 
    BlankText="Rate2 is required">

</ext:NumberField>
    Hi,

Please post code in the correct format (your code is unreadble now), just post code in the text format (it seems that pasted the html)

validation

hi,

i have follow your suggestion, but its not showing validation mark in blur event.. plz see my code and send sample...

<ext:NumberField ID="cltfRate1" Validator="function(value){return /[a-zA-Z]+/.test(value);}" MinValue="0.1" MaskRe="[0-9.]"  AllowDecimals="true" DecimalSeparator="." runat="server" MaxLength="5" EnableKeyEvents="true"
                                                        BlankText="Rate1 is required">                                                  
    Hi,

For NumberField you have to use another validator, you must check numbers instead letters
    Validator="function(value){return /[0-9.]+/.test(value);}"

Validation fail

hi,
    The validation mark not shown, if i copy and paste the 1.5 value in Numberfield.plz check the below code...

<ext:NumberField ID="cltfSecond" MinValue="1" Validator="function(value){return /[0-9]+/.test(value);}" MaskRe="[0-9]" runat="server" MaxLength="3" AllowNegative="false" AllowDecimals="false" EnableKeyEvents="true"
    BlankText="Seconds required">

Hi,

Try the following Validator
    Validator="function(value){return /^[0-9]+$/.test(value);}"