ExtJS 3.0

ExtJS 3.0

If we buy a license right now, would that cover an upgrade to ExtJS 3.0 when it comes out (early 2009 according to http://extjs.com/products/extjs/roadmap.php)?

RE: ExtJS 3.0

I would want to know that too... Will it cover an upgrade to 3.0?

Thanks

I'm very interested about this as well. I assume that if I were to purchase this right now that I get an extjs license for the current 2.x, and therefore not an upgrade copy of 3.x? Could you reply before the sale ends to help me with a purchase decision?

Many thanks.

The current Coolite Toolkit license includes a license for all Ext JS 2.2+ releases.*

The license does not currently include an upgrade to Ext JS 3.0.*

When a version of the Coolite Toolkit that includes Ext JS 3.0 is publicly released there will be an upgrade fee, although the exact details and amount of the fee have yet to be determined. Much of this depends on the timing of the Ext JS 3.0 release and the final Coolite Toolkit 1.0 release.*

We do expect to provide a significant discount to all existing Coolite Toolkit license holders when the upgrade does occur.*

We also expect to start a development branch incorporating the Ext JS 3.0 release during the v0.8 cycle. All developers with access to the Coolite SVN repository will get pre-release access to that new branch. You will have lots of opportunity and lead time to decide whether you want to upgrade to ExtJS v3.0 or not.*

I hope this helps answer your questions.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder