[CLOSED] How to add renderer to ComboBox Editor within dynamic GridPanel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

RE: [CLOSED] How to add renderer to ComboBox Editor within dynamic GridPanel

Thanks , data got binded. But, Whenever I select combo-box in gridpanel, I am not able to see anything in Combo-Box items.
    Please see attached image -
    (1)"default view.jpg"
    (2)"2nd combo with invisible data.jpg"
    (3)"3rd combo with invisible data.jpg"

If a select any of blank fields, it shows nothing as selected and that cell is marked as editable(image file -(4) "data not getting populated when i select item from blank combo and then move to other cell without tab.jpg"), blank cell is explicitly marked in image.

If I select something from Invisible items of combo-box and then press tab , It shows last selected value - pls see image ((5)"data getting populated when i select item from blank combo and then pres tab.jpg")

P.S. - Zipped file "grid with invisible data_2 n 3.zip" contains image no. 2 and 3
    Zipped file "data getting shown if tab is pressed.zip" contains image no. 4 and 5

Hi,

It seems the problem in the display field. We need a test sample which we can run locally

Hi,

Please find enclosed sample solution for your perusal.

This time i am not able to see my grid data, but data difference can be seen in 2 different combo-box

P.s. - I am using 0.8.1 coolite controls

Hi,

Always check RecordField name and propety name (must be equal, case sensitive)

1. Move OnLoad code to the OnInit for correct viewstate restoring
     Protected Overrides Sub OnInit(ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
            MyBase.OnInit(e)

BuildUControl()
            Dim inlinQuery As New StringBuilder()
            BindDatatoControls()
        End Sub
    2. Replace in the BindDatatoControls
    JsonReader1.Fields.Add("id")
    by
    JsonReader1.Fields.Add("ID")
    because GridData class has no 'id' property (there is 'ID'). Please remember that all fields names are case sensitive

3. Rename properties 'ID', 'Name' in the Customer and Department classes to the 'id', 'val'
    because in the store's fields you use 'id', 'val' names but properties with such names are not presented in your data classes

It worked partially. I was able to see my combo-box within gridpanel getting populated. But, grid didnot populate. Also, if i change any item within Combo-box, that cell is marked edited with blank data.

I am curious to know that while we do normal markup based development, where ASP.net takes care of creating these controls at the Page_Init and we bind the data at the load event, we dont get such issue. What is that I am doing different here from normal ASP.net.

I need urgent help on this.

It worked partially. I was able to see my combo-box within gridpanel getting populated. But, grid didnot populate. Also, if i change any item within Combo-box, that cell is marked edited with blank data.

I am curious to know that while we do normal markup based development, where ASP.net takes care of creating these controls at the Page_Init and we bind the data at the load event, we dont get such issue. What is that I am doing different here from normal ASP.net.

I need urgent help on this. Thanks

P.s- I saw this thread marked as Solved, though it has been resolved partially.

Hi,

Are you sure that you apply my changes? Just check once again. If you don't see the data in the grid that I am sure that renderer cannot find the data, check again fields names

Here is your changed test application

It worked.

How to get list of all changed records on post back?

Hi,

You have to save grid
    GridPanel1.save();

See examples explorer, it contains many examples with grid saving
    https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPanel/DataSource_Update/SqlDataSource/
    All examples from : GridPanel/WebService_Connections/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12