[CLOSED] Force remote reloading of ComboBox on each query

[CLOSED] Force remote reloading of ComboBox on each query

Now this has been a lot too many times. The excessive number of options on Ext controls are taking their toll. I cant recount how many times I came across an ExtJs/Ext.Net property while browsing around and thought it would be useful later sometime, and when the actual time for using it came, I forgot which property it actually was, and had a tough time digging it around!!

Now, in the present case, I have a ComboBox bound to a store with remote loading. Now, for 2 successive identical queries (i.e. lastQuery == query), the ComboBox skips remote reloading and uses the data in the store instead. However, if I recall correctly, there was an option somewhere to override this and force ComboBox to always reload from the remote source even for 2 identical successive queries.

I stepped around in Ext code, and encountered the following which made me believe whether it was at all possible:

if(forceAll === true || (q.length >= this.minChars)){
                if(this.lastQuery !== q){
                    this.lastQuery = q;
                    if(this.mode == 'local'){

I think I should mention that currently I am using a workaround to manually reset the combo's lastQuery to an empty string.

RE: [CLOSED] Force remote reloading of ComboBox on each query

Hi,

I don't think that there is a property which force data reloading. As you can see the combo always compare lastQuery and current query.

RE: [CLOSED] Force remote reloading of ComboBox on each query

Hmm, so what was it that I am recalling :( If I find something out, I will post back here.