Using Visual Studio 2005.

Using Visual Studio 2005.

At home, on my work Laptopm, I downloaded Coolite.Toolkit.Community.Edition.0.8.2, and I am trying to use Visual Studio 2005 to open the solution file:

D:\Coolite.Toolkit.Community.Edition.0.8.2\Coolite Toolkit Community v0.8.2\Source Project\Coolite.Toolkit.sln

But, it does not open due to version conflict.

I used Visual Web Developer 2008, and it works like a charm. I was able to run Default.aspx without any issues.

The problem is that in the office, I am using VS 2005, and I do not have time to swtich to Visual Web Developer. I need to be able to run the Example off-line, so that I can view the soruce code, debug step by step, and learn how to use such controls.

I appreciate your help.

How I can use VS 2005 to open the Coolite Solution ?

Tarek.

RE: Using Visual Studio 2005.

Appreciate it if some one can tell me if I can use VS 2005 to open the Coolite Sample Solution from the Download.

Tarek.

Use of VS 2008 is recommended with v0.8x.

It appears the .sln file, which was created in VS 2008, is not backwards compatible.

You should be able delete the .sln file and re-create by adding each Project to a new Solution.

We'll try to create a VS 2005 specific .sln file for the v1.0 release.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Thanks for the reply.

I managed to downgrade the .sln file to 2005, and it now opens in VS2005.

But, it will not compile and run. I cannot run the Samples.

I am getting 74 errors, here is one example:

string[] arrValues = values.Split(new[] {this.Delimiter}, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries);
    <U>The error:
    </U>

Error 1 A new expression requires () or [] after type D:\Coolite.Toolkit.Community.Edition.0.8.2\Coolite Toolkit Community v0.8.2\Source Project\Coolite.Ext.Web\Core\Ext.cs 145 43 Coolite.Ext.Web

Please tell me what do you recommend.

At work, I am using VS2005 Prof. Version, and I am worried if I upgrade to VS2008 Free Version (we don't have the VS2008 Prof Version yet), I will faced other unexpected problems in my other projects.

If I want to continue with Coolite, I need to be able to check and run the Sample Files evern few minutes, becuase there is no complete documentation.

I think going to VS2008 is a risky move now, since I am facing a very tight deadline.

Appreciate your feedback.

Tarek.

Where is VS2005 sln?

Hi All,

First complements on the awesome toolkit that is Ext.net. I'm getting started on a new project and am currently stuck with VS2005. I donloaded ext.net.community.1.0rc1 but saw no VS2005 sln.

Is Ext.net still usable in VS2005?

Thanks much.
    Hi,

Currently .NET 2.0 (and VS 2005, or earlier) are not supported within the library.

There might be a way to mod the project files to support VS 2005, although I'm not 100% sure this is possible.

You can also use Visual Studio Express to build the project, see

http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Yeah, I think VS2010 express will be the game plan until I can get a full VS upgrade.

Thanks for the info and quick response.
    I am still wondering if VS 2005 is supported in the recent edition of Ext.NET library.

Thanks.

Tarek.