[CLOSED] Gray theme css referencing default folder

[CLOSED] Gray theme css referencing default folder

I am trying to add theming to my application. I have to copy the images and css for the gray theme to my application instead of using the embedded resources in coolite dll. I noticed with fiddler that the gray theme is searching for an image in the default folder. Is that normal? I would think the gray theme would only reference images in its own images folder.

.x-toolbar .ytb-sep {
        background-image: url(images/default/grid/grid-split.gif);
    }

RE: [CLOSED] Gray theme css referencing default folder

Hi,

It will search using url defined in css style.

For example, for background-image: url(images/default/grid/grid-split.gif);

Path: <folder of css file which contain this css rule>/images/default/grid/grid-split.gif

Right, but the gray theme shouldn't reference resources in other themes. The gray theme css should only reference images in the gray theme's images folder. I shouldn't need to copy the default theme to my web application. I can easily fix this internally by copying that image over and changing the path. Just thought you guys may want to know =)

Hi jchau,

I noticed with fiddler that the gray theme is searching for an image in the default folder. Is that normal?

Yes. The Theme .css files are more like "override" files and are not necessarily 100% independent of the "Default" folder. The "Default" Theme does not depend on the "Gray" Theme, but all Theme's depend on the "Default" Theme.

The majority of classes within a Theme .css file are just overriding image paths, border colors and background colors of the "Default" Theme. But, not all css classes are overridden, nor are all images changed.*

I shouldn't need to copy the default theme to my web application.
    The ext-all.css file must be loaded before any other Theme .css file and is required. This is handled automatically by the ScriptManager... unless it's not, by setting RenderStyles="None".*

If manually adding references to the stylesheets, you must also copy the entire contents of the /extjs/resources/images/default/ folder to your Project/Server.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder