[CLOSED] [1.0] Chrome refreshes the entire IFrame on pressing Enter inside TextFields

[CLOSED] [1.0] Chrome refreshes the entire IFrame on pressing Enter inside TextFields

Please refer the attached image. This is a Panel. The Panel itself sits inside a Desktop Window created on the Desktop. Here's a quick Navigator:

Desktop -> DesktopWindow (Its Content P1.aspx is loaded inside an IFrame for the Window) -> P1.aspx contains the Panel whose image is attached.

I have added SpecialKey listeners for all controls here, TextFields, DateFields, Checkboxes etc. Everything works fine in IE & FF. But I face a very strange situation in Chrome.

I pull data on "Enter" key press for all controls from a WebService and populate the Grid. On pressing enter, the TextFields for eTripId, and ClientNumber work perfect.

But for all other controls, what happens is that Chrome issues the ajax WebService request, and then refreshes the entire IFrame itself with its content (p1.aspx). In other words, on pressing Enter, Chrome first issues the Ajax Request to the web service, and before waiting for its completion, refreshes the entire iframe content itself.

Because of a complex markup I am working with, I am not able to attach something reproducible. Hopefulle, the Ext.Net team can reproduce this. If not, I will try to assemble up a sample demo.

In the meanwhile, it's important to mention that using e.stopEvent() inside the SpecialKey listener for the offending TextFields, prevents Chrome from refreshing the window.

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Chrome refreshes the entire IFrame on pressing Enter inside TextFields

Hi Rahul,

We'll try to get a sample together, although it's going to take some time. It would be great if you can start us off with a simplified code sample demonstrating how to reproduce the problem.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Chrome refreshes the entire IFrame on pressing Enter inside TextFields

Hi,

'stopEvent' prevent reloading under IE/FF/Chrome. But you said that you already use 'stopEvent'
    Try to return false in the SpecialKey handler
     <SpecialKey Handler="e.stopEvent(); return false;" />

To geoff.. I will try to take time out to present a reproducible case tomorrow..

To vlad.. as I said, stopEvent() worked fine, and prevented the issue.. I also thought that returning false should also have worked but did not try it.. Thanks for your suggestions.

I was finally able to nail down this issue. This is not about iframe specifically, but Chrome submits the form on pressing Enter inside any field, whereas other browsers dont.

I have discussed this on my blog here:
    http://www.rahulsingla.com/blog/2010...e-a-form-field