Unrecognized tag prefix cool

Unrecognized tag prefix cool

After installing in VWD 2008, I get "Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter ?cool?", despite including the Register Assembly line and pasting in one of the examples exactly. What have I missed?

RE: Unrecognized tag prefix cool

<DIV id=result_box dir=ltr>Are you have added reference to Coolite assemble to project?

To add a reference to a .NET assembly, right click the ?Reference? option under the project inside the solution explorer and select the ?Add Reference?? option.

I had added the reference, but obviously not correctly, because when I deleted it &amp; repeated the procedure, it worked. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

After further investigation, the problem appears to be :

1. If I create my application on my local development web server, everything is fine.

2. If I create my application using a test server accessed via the file system, I get the "unrecognized tag prefix" error.

Coolite is also installed on the test sever, and I modified the 'add reference' to match.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

This problem sounds suspeciously close to an issue ("bug") in Visual Studio where running a project off a share drive will cuase issues if you are referencing 3rd party controls.

The following forum thread contains some helpful reference material and links to possible solutions.

<a href="http://forums.basicdatepicker.com/forums/permalink/1092/627/ShowThread.aspx#627">http://forums.basicdatepicker.com/fo...hread.aspx#627
    </a>
    I think you should be able to confirm whether it's this share drive issue or not by adding the following <trust> node to your web.config.

Example

<system.web>
        <trust level="Full"/>
    Please let me know whether this information helps solve the problem. I'm going to try and put together an article summarizing this information because it is a fairly common problem.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder