Virtual Directory for SVN Coolite.Examples website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Virtual Directory for SVN Coolite.Examples website

I am trying to set up a virtual directory in IIS to point to the Coolite.Examples website from SVN. I am getting the following error. I am able to run the website fiine from Visual Studio using VS's development server.

<title>Physical path can't be mapped to the current application.</title><style>
             body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} 
             p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
             b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
             H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
             H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
             pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
             .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
             .version {color: gray;}
             .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
             .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
            </style><h2>Physical path can't be mapped to the current application</h2>

RE: Virtual Directory for SVN Coolite.Examples website

Hi jchau,

Which version of IIS are you running? Is the .NET 3.5 framework installed on that machine?

I'm investigating the error to see if I can narrow down the problem.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I am running IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Professional. The virtual directory is set to ASP.NET version 2.0.50727 and .NET 3.5 is installed. I want to stress that I can run the website fine from Visual Studio so it's not a HUGE deal. I can always publish the website to inetpub\wwwroot.

Hi jchau,

I reproduced this error under XP (IIS 5.1). We will investigate this error.

But if you create separate site under IIS (it is impossible with standard tools but you can use http://www.jetstat.com/iisadmin/) then Examples Explorer will work properly under separate site

What about us people with IIS7.0?

Cheers,
    Timothy

We're investigating this issue.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Thanks, and no rush, the Examples don't impact the overall product which has been running really nice as of late ;)

Cheers,
    Timothy

We committed some revisions to the example explorer today which should solve this virtual directory exception problem.*

If you get a chance, please svn update give it another go. Let us know if you run into any issues.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Jacky,

Can you try a browser hard-refresh (ctrl + shift + r ... and hold down for a couple moments) or maybe clear browser cache and reload Page. Let me know if that clears things up.

I'm also running a couple tests, but I did run into a caching issue earlier.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast