[CLOSED] Cursor blinking using swf files and loading page with panel in the same page

[CLOSED] Cursor blinking using swf files and loading page with panel in the same page

Hi,

I have 2 .swf animation a Header and a panel at the bottom where the pages are loaded according to a menu that is a .swf file also.

When the pages are loaded the cursor in the text boxes is blinking.

Could you please help me to identify what is the problem?

<script runat="server">
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!X.IsAjaxRequest)
            {
                FlashComponentHeader.Url = this.ResolveUrl(@"~\App_Themes\ChampWeb\Animations\BannerTop.swf");
                FlashComponentMenu.Url = this.ResolveUrl(@"BtnMenu.swf");
                PanelContent.AutoLoad.Url = this.ResolveUrl(@"~\Login.aspx");
                PanelContent.AutoLoad.Mode = Ext.Net.LoadMode.IFrame;
                PanelContent.AutoLoad.NoCache = true;
                PanelContent.LoadContent();
            }
        }
    </script>

form id="form1" runat="server">
        <div id="header">
            <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" />

<ext:Container ID="Container1" runat="server" Width="960" AutoHeight="true">
                    <Items>
                        <ext:FlashComponent ID="FlashComponentHeader" runat="server" Height="212px" Width="966">
                        </ext:FlashComponent>

<ext:FlashComponent ID="FlashComponentMenu" runat="server" Height="43px" Width="537px"
                        StyleSpec="position:absolute; display:block; top:200px; left:400px;">

<ext:Label ID="LabelLogoText" runat="server" Cls="logoText"
                        Text="Helping Teachers Turn Students into Champions"
                        StyleSpec="position:absolute; display:block; top:130px; left:550px;"></ext:Label>

<ext:Image ID="ImageFlagLanguage" runat="server" ImageUrl="~\App_Themes\ChampWeb\Images\imaFlag_English.png"
                        StyleSpec="position:absolute; display:block; top:10px; left:800px;">
                        </ext:Image>

<ext:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~\App_Themes\ChampWeb\Images\imaFlag_Spanish.png"
                        StyleSpec="position:absolute; display:block; top:10px; left:850px;">
                        </ext:Image>

<ext:ComboBox ID="ComboBox1" runat="server" Width="100px" Visible="false">
                            <Items>
                                <ext:ListItem Text="English" Value="en-US" />
                                <ext:ListItem Text="Spanish" Value="es-CO" />
                            </Items>
                            <Listeners>
                                <Render Handler='this.getEl().parent().applyStyles("position:absolute; display:block; top:10px; left:820px;");' />
                            </Listeners>
                        </ext:ComboBox>
                    </Items>
                </ext:Container>

<div id="content">
                <ext:Panel ID="PanelContent" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" AutoWidth="true Border="false">
                    <Content>
                    </Content>
                </ext:Panel>
                <div id="copyright">
                    <ext:Label ID="Label6" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:Resource, Copyright %>" >
                    </ext:Label>

</form>

RE: [CLOSED] Cursor blinking using swf files and loading page with panel in the same page

Hi,

if you put a FlashComponent with and swf file and a TextField in the same page you will se how the cursor is blinking when the page is loaded.

RE: [CLOSED] Cursor blinking using swf files and loading page with panel in the same page

Hi,

I made this question yesterday and I am wondering if you aready have seen it, because I did not get any answer yet.

I want to make sure I was clear about my problem when I use the FlashComponent that contents a .swf file control with a textfield at the same page, that the cursor is blinking in the textfield.

Thanks,

Hi,

First, I cannot reproduce it. I don't see anything extra blinking. Can you provide sample? Cursor? Do you mean caret inside text field?

Hi,

Yes I meant the caret inside a text field. For this example code "TextField1"

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits="ChampWeb.WebForm1" %>

<%@ Register assembly="Ext.Net" namespace="Ext.Net" tagprefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

<link href="App_Themes/ChampWeb/Default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 

<script runat="server">

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!X.IsAjaxRequest)

{

FlashComponentHeader.Url = this.ResolveUrl(@"~\App_Themes\ChampWeb\Animations\BannerTop.swf");

}

}

</script> 

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div id="header">

<ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server">

</ext:ResourceManager>

<ext:Panel ID="panelHeader" runat="server" BodyCssClass="header">

<Items>

<ext:FlashComponent ID="FlashComponentHeader" 

runat="server" Height="212px" Width="960px" >

</Items>

<div id="content">

<ext:Panel ID="PanelContent" 

runat="server" 

Height="485px" 

AutoWidth="true" 

Border="false"

>

<Content>

<ext:TextField ID="TextField1" runat="server">

</ext:TextField>

</Content>

</form>

</body>

</html>

Could you reproduce my problem?

Hi,

I saw some kind of blinking under IE only but I don't think that we can help you with that because cursor is managed/handled by browser (because input control is component by client side OS) (we don't have ability to change its behaviour)

You will see the same blinking with standard input (and instead FlashComponent you can use object tag)
    <input type="text" />

So, it is not toolkit problem (therefore we cannot resolve it), it is IE behaviour (may be bug, may be not)

Could please give me an example about how to use the object tag inside a panel?

Hi,

Object tag gives you the same blinking because FlashComponent creates that object tag already

Hi,

I am wondering if you have tested this problem also using the tag object with the asp net TextBox control. If you do that you will see that the problem of the cursor blinking disappear. According to this the problem could be using the coolie controls with the swf animation.