[CLOSED] customconfig and other properties (buttons, bottombar etc.) together does not work in IE8

[CLOSED] customconfig and other properties (buttons, bottombar etc.) together does not work in IE8

hi,

i think the sample code i sent explains the problem.
    the value of the ConfigItem must be "100%".

that problem occurs only under IE8.
    i am using version 1.0

Thanx.

<%@ Page Language="C#"%>
    <%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
        <title>Panel with customconfig and buttons together does not work in IE8</title>     
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="Form1" runat="server">                  
          <ext:Panel ID="Panel4" runat="server" Title="customconfig and other properties together does not work in IE8">
                <Buttons>
                    <ext:Button ID="Button1" Text="Save" Icon="Disk" runat="server">                                                             
                    </ext:Button>
                </Buttons>           
                <CustomConfig>
                    <ext:ConfigItem Name="height" Value="100%" Mode="Value"></ext:ConfigItem>
                </CustomConfig>                                                        
            </ext:Panel>          
            <ext:MultiSelect runat="server">
                <CustomConfig>
                     <ext:ConfigItem Name="width" Value="100%" Mode="Value"></ext:ConfigItem>
                     <ext:ConfigItem Name="height" Value="100%" Mode="Value"></ext:ConfigItem>
                </CustomConfig>
                <Items>
                    <ext:ListItem Text="fs" Value="1" />
                </Items>
                <BottomBar>
                    <ext:Toolbar runat="server">
                        <Items>
                            <ext:Button runat="server" Text="fdsf"></ext:Button>                        
                        </Items>
                    </ext:Toolbar>
                </BottomBar>
            </ext:MultiSelect>                     
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    <ext:ResourcePlaceHolder ID="ResourcePlaceHolder1" runat="server"></ext:ResourcePlaceHolder>     
    <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" >
        <Listeners>
            <DocumentReady Handler="alert('I am ready!');" />
        </Listeners>
    </ext:ResourceManager>

RE: [CLOSED] customconfig and other properties (buttons, bottombar etc.) together does not work in IE8

Hi maras54,

The ConfigItems seems to render fine in all browsers.

I'm not 100% sure what your requirements are for this scenario, but I would recommend using an <ext:Viewport> as the top level container. Then maybe a 'border' or 'row' Layout to organize your Panel and MultiSelect.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: [CLOSED] customconfig and other properties (buttons, bottombar etc.) together does not work in IE8

Or, maybe the 'anchor' .Layout would work as well.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

hi;

that is a very simplified version of my page. i already have a viewport at the top level of my page and inside of it a lot of panels, layouts and stuff. so i need to use customconfigs of multiselect or panel with other properties like buttons or bottombar.

and that page was working fine before i upgraded to version 1.0

i want to emphasize that, there is no problem with using only customconfig itself, problem occurs when I use customconfig and bottombar together (only for IE8).

Unfortunately, .width and .height config items do not support percentages (%). They must be set with a px value, or the dimensions must be controlled by a .Layout.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Unfortunately, .width and .height config items do not support percentages (%).
    I believe this is because of issues in IE, which could explain the problems with IE8 and not Firefox/Chrome.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

hi geoffrey,

it was just nice to use "customconfig" for height and width, and i thought it might be a bug.
    not a big problem.

thanx for your replies.