[CLOSED] Missing controls when menuItem is used in asp GridView (customised) when placed in Coolite Panel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Missing controls when menuItem is used in asp GridView (customised) when placed in Coolite Panel

Dear Team,

I am having a problem when I use "Coolite Button" with menu Items enabled in a GridView (Asp.net) template column and placed the grid view in a Coolite panel (container).

I have my own custom pager template for the gridview and upon clicking on the last page button or entering the last page index in the text box provided, All the coolite controls are disappearing from the screen, except asp.net controls by showing a javascript error ":" missing.
    Once disappeared, if any of the controls on the page (usually asp.net controls) generates a post back again, the page is retrieved the details again.

Note: In one scenario, where total no. of rows (items) are in intervals of page size of the grid, it is not generating any problem. (even when clicking on the last page button).

If I comment the Menu In the template column of the gridivew and placing directly a coolite button control in the template column having no problem.

I am attaching a test solution here.

Please look into this, and suggest me any solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Gopal

RE: [CLOSED] Missing controls when menuItem is used in asp GridView (customised) when placed in Coolite Panel

Hi,

I cannot solve the problem without source code of the CooliteGridView. I see that you always rebind that view several times during request (not sure why)

For last page (for example, which should contains 3 rows) you bind data with 5 rows and then rebind with 3 rows. Therefore there is few unregister Coolite controls.

I need source code of the view to resolve the problem

RE: [CLOSED] Missing controls when menuItem is used in asp GridView (customised) when placed in Coolite Panel

Dear Vladimir Shcheglov,

Please see I have added source code cooliteGridView control as well in the attached.

But I am thinking it is not the problem with the grid view control, because it is working fine without coolite menu item in template column.

Regards,
    Gopal.

Hi,

It seems problem related with UpdatePanel which wraps TabPanel (tbst).
    Workaround: if remove that UpdatePanel and wrap uc1:EmployeeList then all works fine

<ext:Tab ID="tbWorkingEmployees" runat="server" Title="Employees" AutoScroll="true"
        AutoHeight="true">
        <Body>
            <asp:UpdatePanel ID="uppnl" runat="server">
                <ContentTemplate>
                    <uc1:EmployeeList ID="ucEmployeeList" runat="server" />
                </ContentTemplate>
            </asp:UpdatePanel>
        </Body>
    </ext:Tab>
    Can you confirm this workaround?

Hi,

The workaround is good. But I have other user controls where I placed this Coolite Grid view control in Panel with a Top Bar. Seems the problem is not with the wrapping of Panel control in update panel.

Please browse the Page "AnotherPage.aspx" where Used two user controls placed in an update panel, whose controls are already wrapped in a coolite panel.

One is with Panel and Button Menu.
    Another is with Panel and toolbar with Button items.

So, the first one is still giving the problem where as the second one working fine.

It seems the problem is combination of controls only. That is Panel, "button menu" with in this Panel and finally in Update Panel.

Please see the attached file for the page and let us know the problem in this scenario.

Note: We have many user controls in our application as a combination of Panel - Coolite Gridview - Button Menu with in it.

Regards,
    Gopal.

Hi,

Please update from SVN, rebuild toolkit and retest

Hi,

It didn't solve our problem.

Please see the attached for latest build of control test.

Regards,
    Gopal

Please do not upload .dll's.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi,

You mean Coolite assemblies or all ? Because this testing site uses our own Assemblies also.

Regards,
    Gopal

Hi,

Did you update update source from SVN and rebuild Coolite assemblies?
    Please send test project to the my email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast