[CLOSED] WebResource.axd instead of ext.axd, v1.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] WebResource.axd instead of ext.axd, v1.0

Hi,
    I have noticed that all injected script and styles are coming with WebResrouces.axd handler while in the samples that you guys provided with v1.0 are coming by the ext.axd handler

am i missing something in my web.config. since i am running the application on IIS7.

used to do the same with v0.8.2 and on IIS7 as well. but the handler coolite.axd used to be showing in the output source.

beside. the script is not injected in the ResourcePlaceHolder, but in the bottom of the page. i guess thats for the same reason that make the webresource.axd showing instead of the ext.axd handler.

could you please advice

thanks

RE: [CLOSED] WebResource.axd instead of ext.axd, v1.0

Adding the following to your web.config should solve the problem.

Example

<system.webServer>
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
        <modules>
            <add name="DirectRequestModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net"/>
        </modules>
        <handlers>
            <add name="DirectRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/ext.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.ResourceManager"/>
        </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
    Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I have them already in my web.config as i had the similar module and handler before at version 0.8.2
    but still getting

<style type="text/css">
    		.icon-star{background-image:url(/App/WebResource.axd?d=h2POIbEYAdXAE2MimrB0fTQYjXv5riv26pYGng4tTIuUsymUvTE8JmwL_biMzGYQ0&amp;amp;t=634021148701885962) !important;}
    		.icon-help{background-image:url(/App/WebResource.axd?d=h2POIbEYAdXAE2MimrB0fTQYjXv5riv26pYGng4tTItm9jE8zszB59giiYgLxuuw0&amp;amp;t=634021148701885962) !important;}
    	</style>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/App/WebResource.axd?d=h2POIbEYAdXAE2MimrB0fQ5zdFAkIcvELPFbxHIwQz83ZSX7jcdRwaG7UpjDcZhfIeBq3yTgEo9miWzoRe0KIum-uH8WaAiY6wShjTT71J01&amp;amp;t=634021148701885962" />
    	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/App/WebResource.axd?d=h2POIbEYAdXAE2MimrB0fQ5zdFAkIcvELPFbxHIwQz83ZSX7jcdRwaG7UpjDcZhfGDFKHW7vvF2NtHguvA0inX9n8UOMuud1fkDX1dvP_hk1&amp;amp;t=634021148701885962" id="ext-theme" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/App/WebResource.axd?d=h2POIbEYAdXAE2MimrB0fQ5zdFAkIcvELPFbxHIwQz8hKKyAHWgvGaD0anY0kjFxJ0V-u_sv1u_30LwEXwc9rpZO9EOtA9hrxKdoi71SB6Q1&amp;amp;t=634021148701885962"></script>
    	<script type="text/javascript" src="/App/WebResource.axd?d=h2POIbEYAdXAE2MimrB0fQ5zdFAkIcvELPFbxHIwQz8EhlPoplMTLqMegbFMiRXZUG8BnyxHidKMAAP1V2UdbQ2&amp;amp;t=634021148701885962"></script>
    	<script type="text/javascript" src="/App/WebResource.axd?d=h2POIbEYAdXAE2MimrB0fQ5zdFAkIcvELPFbxHIwQz_EqqqV7i8qVfwuy_dccDaSKNSVZ7vw75YCm00sNBmV0w2&amp;amp;t=634021148701885962"></script>
    	<script type="text/javascript" src="/App/WebResource.axd?d=h2POIbEYAdXAE2MimrB0fQ5zdFAkIcvELPFbxHIwQz85XpHyRsbA4krt5_RQlI3u3LvMEaBZLQb4zjYQqns-yw2&amp;amp;t=634021148701885962"></script>
    is it a configuration that i have to take care of in IIS ?

Hi,

May be you have CleanResourceUrl="false" (ResourceManager or in the web.config) ?

I am trying to debug this issue. here is the setting at my web config
     <extnet
      cleanResourceUrl="true"
      gzip="true"
      scriptAdapter="Ext"
      renderScripts="Embedded"
      renderStyles="Embedded"
      scriptMode="Debug"
      theme="Gray"
        />
    and the ResourceManager is in the MasterPage as following
    <ext:ResourceManager ID="MainScriptManager" Theme="Gray"
             runat="server">
            <Listeners>
                <DocumentReady Handler="setTimeout(function(){Ext.get('loading').remove();Ext.get('loading-mask').fadeOut({remove:true});}, 250);" />            
            </Listeners>        
        </ext:ResourceManager>
    which means its true. I tried to have cleanResourceUrl = true at the page level as well. the same result. still getting the webresrouce style of urls

what about the InitScriptMode
    do i have to set it as Linked to get the ext.axd resrouces urls ?

I have been debugging this issue since 2 days now, before i posted it in the forum.

the debugging always leads that the ResourceHandler.HasHandler() returns false in the ResourceManager core class
    no matter i changed in my web config to make IIS7 read the handler

here in the following virtual method the line at the condition that check the cleanresourceurl and resourcehandler.hasHandler

all parts in this logical conditions are true but the last one which is ResrouceHandler.HasHandler(). it always return false thats why i get the the webresrouces.axd resource url

public virtual string GetWebResourceUrl(Type type, string resourceName)
            {
                if (this.Page == null)
                {
                    this.Page = new Page();
                }

if (resourceName.StartsWith(ResourceManager.ASSEMBLYSLUG) &amp;&amp; !this.DesignMode &amp;&amp; this.CleanResourceUrl &amp;&amp; ResourceHandler.HasHandler())
                {
                    string buster = (resourceName.EndsWith(".js") || resourceName.EndsWith(".css")) ? "?v=".ConcatWith(this.CacheBuster) : "";

return this.ResolveUrl("~/{0}/ext.axd{1}".FormatWith(resourceName.Replace(ResourceManager.ASSEMBLYSLUG, "").Replace('.', '/').ReplaceLastInstanceOf("/", "-"), buster));
                }

return HttpUtility.HtmlAttributeEncode(this.Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(type, resourceName));
            }

any thought?

The method implementation of the HasHandler() in ResourceHandler is checking inside the web config file and searching if there is a handler with the type ResourceHandler

while the handlers type that you have asked me to put and already comes in the webconfig example was ResourceManager

can you explain this point please?

It works fine now and i got the ext.axd showing in the script and resources urls
    but i had to correct the web config to be ResourceHandler not ResourceManager as following

<system.webServer>
        <modules>
            <add name="DirectRequestModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net"/>
        </modules>
        <handlers>
            <add name="DirectRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/ext.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler"/>
        </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
    at both sections IIS6 and IIS7

Hi chafikb,

Thanks for the update.

It appears there was an error in the document i copied that web.config fragment from.

Here's the updated web.config.

Example

<system.webServer>
        <modules>
        </modules>
        <handlers>
            <add name="DirectRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/ext.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler"/>
        </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast