[CLOSED] [1.0] Intellisense in VS2010 Release Candidate

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

[CLOSED] [1.0] Intellisense in VS2010 Release Candidate

Hi,

Have you had any experience with using v1 within the Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate? I can't seem to get the Intellisense to work in any pages (I get the error "Unrecognised tag prefix or device filter 'ext'").

According to the following Connect article this issue should be resolved in future versions of VS2010 (so I'm assuming the RC includes the fix, as it was just released this week) - https://connect.microsoft.com/Visual...ernal-assembly

Thanks

Dan

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Intellisense in VS2010 Release Candidate

Hi,

I am going to test the toolkit under VS2010 at this weekend. I let you know about result

Thanks Vladimir,

Dan

Hi Vladimir,

Just wondering whether you had a chance to test the toolkit under Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate this weekend?

Thanks

Dan

Hi,

Unfortunatelly I still cannot determine why markup intellisense is not working. I still have no ideas what the reason (on our side or VS bug)

Still investigating

Thanks for the update.

Dan

Hi,

I was able to make the intellisense works correctly. The reason: Items property of the ComboBoxBase and MultiSelectBase classes. It seems VS designer doesn't like generic properties in the controls (imho, it is VS bug because VS 2008 works fine with such properties). I am still working on that problem. I think we will be able provide a fix on this week.

We're going to submit this as a defect to Microsoft. We can provide a work-around, but would cause a pretty major breaking change for us and limit functionality.

It appears ms is having a lot of issues with VS 2010 Intellisense.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

funny... as I was filling out the microsoft bug report I received an email from someone on the Visual Studio web team looking for more information and a test case regarding this issue.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hey Geoff,
    I have been in touch with Mike Snow from MS about this issue and he acknowledges this issue and accepts there are few bugs on it.

I have also mailed him vlad's response about generic properties and a link to this forum. May be he is the one who has mailed u...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast