[CLOSED] [1.0] Latest SVN issue with MultiField LabelWidth

[CLOSED] [1.0] Latest SVN issue with MultiField LabelWidth

On friday we did a get latest from SVN and have run into an issue with the multifield. The labelwidth does not seem to be correct.

Here is a snippet of code that worked prior to friday:

<ext:Panel runat="server" Layout="form" width="300" >
        <Items>
            <ext:MultiField ID="MultiField1" runat="server" FieldLabel="My Companies" >
                <Fields>
                    <ext:TextField ID="txtFilter" runat="server" ReadOnly="True" />
                    <ext:Button runat="server" ID="btnLaunchChooser" Text="" Icon="Magnifier" />
                </Fields>
            </ext:MultiField>
        </Items>
    </ext:Panel>
    The labeldwidth would default to 100 as expected and look like the attached image.

Now that same code generates like the 2nd image. I have tried setting labelwidth property in both the Panel and Multifield and it doesn't appear to have an effect.

I believe it is only an issue with the multifield because I can add a textbox to the above panel and it runs fine. You'll also see the same issue with the DateRange extender you had helped with in one of my previous posts. That also uses a multifield.

This was the first SVN update we've done since the middle of Dec so I'm not sure when it became an issue. Is there a change log for each update you make to SVN?

Thanks~

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Latest SVN issue with MultiField LabelWidth

Hi,

We made some changes recently but I cannot reproduce the issue with your code. Please post full test sample

The example I originally posted is using Master Pages and user controls. So to simplify I put it directly on a page and removed all code-behind:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="TestPage.aspx.vb" Inherits="ABConnect.TestPage" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" />

<ext:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Layout="form" width="300" >
            <Items>
                <ext:MultiField ID="MultiField1" runat="server" FieldLabel="My Companies" >
                    <Fields>
                        <ext:TextField ID="txtFilter" runat="server" ReadOnly="True" />
                    </Fields>
            </Items>

</form>
    </body>
    </html>
    code behind:

Imports Ext.Net

Partial Public Class TestPage
        Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    End Class
    in this instance the textbox is directly over the label until I click on the page and then it will get moved to the correct position.

Andout of curiosity, I took the same multifield and placed it outside of the panel and it did the same thing that happens on the user control/content page/master page

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="TestPage.aspx.vb" Inherits="ABConnect.TestPage" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>

<ext:MultiField ID="MultiField2" runat="server" FieldLabel="My Companies" LabelWidth="100"  >
                    <Fields>
                        <ext:TextField ID="TextField1" runat="server" ReadOnly="True"  />
                        <ext:Button runat="server" ID="Button1" Text="" Icon="Magnifier" />
                    </Fields>

<ext:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Layout="form" width="300" >
            <Items>
                <ext:MultiField ID="MultiField1" runat="server" FieldLabel="My Companies"  >
                    <Fields>
                        <ext:TextField ID="txtFilter" runat="server" ReadOnly="True"  />
                    </Fields>
            </Items>

</form>
    </body>
    </html>
    still no code-behind

Couple more things:

<ul>[*]Clicking on the page OR hovering the mouse over the button makes the text box move to the correct position[*]If I add another multifield in the panel with no button the textbox doesn't even show until a click on the page in the area where I expect the textbox to be[/list]

<head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>

<ext:MultiField ID="MultiField2" runat="server" FieldLabel="Shows correctly but label width not right" LabelWidth="100"  >
                    <Fields>
                        <ext:TextField ID="TextField1" runat="server" ReadOnly="True"  />
                        <ext:Button runat="server" ID="Button1" Text="" Icon="Magnifier" />
                    </Fields>

<ext:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Layout="form" width="500" >
            <Items>
                <ext:MultiField ID="MultiField1" runat="server" FieldLabel="Text box over label "  >
                    <Fields>
                        <ext:TextField ID="txtFilter" runat="server" ReadOnly="True"  />
                    </Fields>

<ext:MultiField ID="MultiField3" runat="server" FieldLabel="Doesn't show until I click on page"  >
                    <Fields>
                        <ext:TextField ID="TextField2" runat="server" ReadOnly="True"  />
                    </Fields>
            </Items>

</form>
    </body>
    </html>
    I can't think of anything else to try at the moment.

Hi,

I was able to reproduce first issue (when MultiField is independent control, incorrect label width) under IE6/7 only.
    It is fixed. Please update from SVN.

If you still expirience another issues after update then please create test solution with example which reproduces the issues, attach your local assemblies and send to the support email

Which browser do you use? IE7? If yes then is it reproducable under IE8 with compatibility mode

That fixed 98% of the issues. The last issue is a java script Out Of Stack error with a specific use of a multifield. We have a window with a top toolbar:

<ext:Window ID="ContractSelectorWindow" runat="server" Icon="Images" Title="Choose a Contract"
        Closable="false" Resizable="false" Width="650" Height="385" Modal="true" Border="false"
        Cls="img-chooser-dlg" Hidden="true">
        <TopBar>
            <ext:Toolbar ID="Toolbar1" runat="server">
                <Items>
                    <ext:TextField ID="txtContractFilter" FieldLabel="<%$ Resources:String, lbl_Contract %>"
                        runat="server" LabelWidth="60" />
                    <ext:ToolbarSpacer ID="ToolbarSpacer1" runat="server" Width="5px" />
                    <abx:ABDateRange ID="drFromThruDate" runat="server" FieldLabel="<%$ Resources:String, lbl_FromDate %>"
                        LabelToText="<%$ Resources:String, common_To %>" LabelWidth="50" />
                    <ext:ToolbarSpacer ID="ToolbarSpacer4" runat="server" Width="5px" />
                    <ext:Button ID="btnSearch" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:String, common_Search %>"
                        Icon="Magnifier">
                        <Listeners>
                            <Click Handler="#{PagingToolBar1}.pageIndex = 1; #{Store1}.reload();" />
                        </Listeners>
                    </ext:Button>
                </Items>
            </ext:Toolbar>
        </TopBar>
        <Items>
    <ext:Label runat="server" id="test" />
       </Items>
    </ext:Window>
    abx:ABDateRange is the code that you previously had helped with in this post http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...5461-16-1.aspx

The extension works fine everywhere after the update from SVN except in this instance. It used to work within the toolbar - but as of friday we get a javascript error:

Out of stack space

in the function: var swfobject=function()

specifically at: if(!b[this.vtype](a,this))
    If I comment out the date range extension I do not get the error.

Hi,

I cannot reproduce last issue. Please provide full test sample.
    We fixed some issues when multifield inside toolbar. Please update and see if it helps to resolve your issue

Just got the latest SVN and everything now works correctly.

Please mark as Solved. Side Note: we are developing on IE7 I will make a note to include the browser info in the future.

Thanks!