... invalid webresource request. at System

... invalid webresource request. at System

An Exception occurred in page

/MyApp/WebResource.axd?d=gFH9sFJccexn7-Qu3xkwi0pw2b6wm09mvQOyV9ZXqQw3_FcxLfKknvd1wkxwsKrvI8nAMwV2a_DW8q1J2nLkZ5IujU2EtN0raAxY8ghOkFYBjAovJLc948hgfFLA0UKp0&t=633996633795311250:http://MyApp/Default.aspx: System.Web.HttpException: This is an invalid webresource request. at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) was handled from Application_Error.
    I just installed V0.8.2 and now above is the error is being recorded in my error log. Version 0.8.0 works fine. This error actually doesn't cause my application to break but its been bugging me to see error message on every http request. Any idea to fix this?

RE: ... invalid webresource request. at System

Hi mirzasa,

If you create the most basic .aspx page possible, with only an <ext:ScriptManager> on it, does the error still occur?

If that does not recreate the problem, view the browsers html source for the page in question and try to find where that url is being rendered. It's being rendered somewhere and a request is being sent for that particular WebResource.axd but it's not there.

We just need to narrow down what is making the request. If you can post a simple .aspx page which reproduces the problem that would helpful.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

So I've found what was causing the error message. If I am using "Slate" theme, then the "Ellipsis" icon is missing the referrence.

So to test this:

<ext:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" Theme="Slate">
        </ext:ScriptManager>

<ext:FieldTrigger Icon="Ellipsis" />
    This invokes my error routine:

Sub Application_Error(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
        Dim ex As Exception = Server.GetLastError()
        Dim file As System.IO.StreamWriter
        Dim strPath = Server.MapPath("./App_Data/errlog.txt")

file = My.Computer.FileSystem.OpenTextFileWriter(strPath, True)
        file.WriteLine(vbCrLf &amp; "Exception: (" &amp; Now() &amp; ")" &amp; vbCrLf &amp; ex.ToString() &amp; vbCrLf)
        file.Close()
    End Sub
    The error message that it spits out is:

System.Web.HttpException: This is an invalid webresource request.
       at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously)

If you change the icon other than "Ellipsis" then there is no error. It used to work fine with v8.0.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder