Is it a problem im adding BufferResize & MonitorResize attributes to all my controls?

Is it a problem im adding BufferResize & MonitorResize attributes to all my controls?

Question - I've been putting MonitorResize and BufferResize equaled to true on 8/10 controls I'm using is this wrong does this cause performance issues?

Layout Questions
    1. How can i learn what layout is best for me.
    2. Is it okay to have a page which has viewport > BorderLayou > Panel > viewport or would this just be wrong and over excessive?

RE: Is it a problem im adding BufferResize & MonitorResize attributes to all my controls?

1. The Layout Browser may be helpful in determining your layout options, see http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/exam...t-browser.html

2. The <ext:Viewport> component should always (and only) be the root component. Nesting another Viewport inside a child component will cause problems. You might want to investigate using a FitLayout or BorderLayout within the Child.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: Is it a problem im adding BufferResize & MonitorResize attributes to all my controls?

Thanks for the feed back i'll check it out What about the concerns with putting MonitorResize and BufferResize = true on all my controls does this cause performance issues?

Hi,

You shouldn't require MonitorResize and BufferResize is being deprecated in ExtJS 3.2, so we're removing from the v1.0 build. There's been a lot of work done on the Layout logic, so neither of those properties should be required in v1.0.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Gracious!

Error 11 Type 'Coolite.Ext.Web.Panel' does not have a public property named 'BorderLayout'.

Error 11 Type 'Coolite.Ext.Web.Panel' does not have a public property named 'BorderLayout'. c:\Users\kshoubag\documents\visual studio 2010\WebSites\coolitetest\Default.aspx 32

WHy do I keep getting this error.....Thank you so much for helping me in advance...