form isDirty

form isDirty

.i have a formpanel and when i do formpanel.getForm().isDirty, i am getting an f.isDirty is not a function error... can't i have a non editable field within this form when i check for isDirty? like link buttons... labels etc... if so, how can i exclude this items inside form panel which does not have the isDirty function from this checking

RE: form isDirty

seems like the formpanel's isDirty function messes up when it encounters a disable field... i tried using multiple form panels for my several form layouts then the form panel with the disabled checkboxes is the one encountering the f.isDirty is not a function error

seems like this is causing the error

<ext:Anchor>
          <ext:Label runat="server" Html="Access Permissions: Check All That Apply" FieldLabel="" >
          </ext:Label>
    </ext:Anchor>
    if my form panel have this one... it shows up an error, otherwise no error... isn't the anchor isFormField value default to false?

Hi [WP]joju,

We're running a bit behind. We will try our best to get to this today. There does appear to be an issue.

Sorry for the delay.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

well if the label will appear in the beginning then it will be fine since i can just put it outside of the form panel but if the label is in the middle of the from then what i did was just create 2 separate form panels then put the label outside of the form panel...
    i needed some independent (independent meaning not the fieldlabel of another field) labels here since i need some labels to appear on top of a textfield or a combo box for example

Has this issue of function error on isDirty() function resolved (#{FormPanelName}.getForm().isDirty())? We are experiencing the same issue. Our FormPanel not only have TextFields but also have Anchors, MultiFields, Checkboxes, Comboboxes, DateFields, &amp; a TextField that is set to ReadyOnly="true". No Labels.
    We are using 0.8.2.983 but have also updated to the latest SVN 0.8.3.36239 with the same issue.
    Thanks