[CLOSED] Problem with locked Column

[CLOSED] Problem with locked Column

Hi,

I have problems with locked columns. Normally I use the following script to display tooltips. This works very well until I lock the first column with Column.Locked.

Dim _ToolTip As ToolTip = aktSiteManager.WebObjekte("GridToolTip_1")
                                    _ToolTip.Target = "={#{" & aktID & "}.getView().el}"
                                    _ToolTip.Delegate = ".x-grid-cell"
                                    _ToolTip.TrackMouse = False
                                    _ToolTip.Listeners.Show.Handler = "onShow(this, #{" & aktID & "});"

Dim _Script As String = " <script> "
                                    _Script &= "      var onShow = function (toolTip, grid) { "
                                    _Script &= "        var view = grid.getView(),"
                                    _Script &= "        store = grid.getStore(),"
                                    _Script &= "        record = view.getRecord(view.findItemByChild(toolTip.triggerElement)),"
                                    _Script &= "        column = view.getHeaderByCell(toolTip.triggerElement),"
                                    _Script &= "        data =  record.get(column.dataIndex);"
                                    _Script &= "        toolTip.update(data);"
                                    _Script &= "};"
                                    _Script &= "   </script>"
    Here is the script error

"view.findItemByChild is not a function"

I hope you can help me

Thanks
    Gidi
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jul 08, 2023 at 5:32 PM.
    Hello, Gidi!

Hard to tell without a test sample we could run, but it looks like you should use the grid's normal/locked views when the grid has locking enabled, that's probably why view.findItemByChild() occasionally becomes undefined.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thanks for your answer. Here is my example.

If you comment out the line " If i = 1 Then _Col.Locked = True" then everything works and the tooltip is shown.

Gidi

Imports Ext.Net

Public Class grid

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Dim aktGrid As New GridPanel

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

Dim aktResourceManager As New ResourceManager
            With aktResourceManager
                .ID = "rm"
                .Theme = Ext.Net.Theme.Neptune
            End With

Dim _ToolTip As New ToolTip
            _ToolTip.ID = "mwtooltip"
            _ToolTip.Target = "={#{mwgrid}.getView().el}"
            _ToolTip.Delegate = ".x-grid-cell"
            _ToolTip.TrackMouse = False
            _ToolTip.Listeners.Show.Handler = "onShow(this, #{mwgrid});"

Dim _Script As String = " <script> "
            _Script &= "      var onShow = function (toolTip, grid) { "
            _Script &= "        var view = grid.getView(),"
            _Script &= "        store = grid.getStore(),"
            _Script &= "        record = view.getRecord(view.findItemByChild(toolTip.triggerElement)),"
            _Script &= "        column = view.getHeaderByCell(toolTip.triggerElement),"
            _Script &= "        data =  record.get(column.dataIndex);"
            _Script &= "        toolTip.update(data);"
            _Script &= "};"
            _Script &= "   </script>"

Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Page.GetType(), "onShow", _Script)

With aktGrid
                .ID = "mwgrid"
                .Width = 700
                .Height = 350

Dim _Store As New Store
                _Store.ID = "store1"

Dim _Model As New Model

For i As Integer = 1 To 10
                    _Model.Fields.Add(New ModelField("Col" & i.ToString, ModelFieldType.String))
                Next

_Store.Model.Add(_Model)

_Store.DataSource = Me.Data

.Store.Add(_Store)

With .ColumnModel

For i As Integer = 1 To 10
                        Dim _Col As New Column
                        _Col.ID = "Col" & i.ToString
                        _Col.Text = "Col" & i.ToString
                        _Col.DataIndex = "Col" & i.ToString

If i = 1 Then _Col.Locked = True
                        .Columns.Add(_Col)

Next

End With

Dim _RowSelModel As New RowSelectionModel

With _RowSelModel
                    .Mode = SelectionMode.Single
                End With

.SelectionModel.Add(_RowSelModel)

Dim _View As New GridView
                _View.StripeRows = True
                _View.TrackOver = True

.View.Add(_View)

End With

Page.FindControl("form1").Controls.Add(aktResourceManager)
            Page.FindControl("form1").Controls.Add(aktGrid)
            Page.FindControl("form1").Controls.Add(_ToolTip)

End Sub

Private ReadOnly Property Data As Object()
            Get

Data = New Object() {New Object() {"1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"2", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"3", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"4", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"5", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"6", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"7", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"8", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"9", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"10", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"},
                New Object() {"11", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1", "test1"}}

End Get

End Property

End Class
    Hello again, Gidi!

Thanks for the test case, it really looks like we'd need to handle the specific Normal and Locked views. In my initial evaluation of the problem and solutions, I see most of the related client-side aspects are private or undocumented. We'll need a bit more of time to check whether there's a proper solution relying on public and documented client-side code to avoid the issue. The extra effort is usually worth it for new versions won't break your code without notice if only the public API is referenced.

We'll get back to you soon!
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello once again, Gidi!

Sorry for the delay, we've checked your test case, and it seems the following is enough to get the tooltip working:

Change your test case line 26 to read:

_Script &= "        var view = grid.lockedGrid ? grid.lockedGrid.getView() : grid.getView(),"
    That is, check if the grid has locking enabled and, if so, get the locked grid's view reference instead of the main view one. Please be aware this code relies on undocumented Sencha Ext JS (client-side) code, and the steps to get the locking state of a grid might change in the future. Unfortunately I couldn't find a more "supported" way to do this with what's documented on Sencha API, so you may want to leave an upgrade note to double check whether that code still works between Ext.NET upgrades, especially between major versions.

The following documentation entry explains why the grid behaves so differently when locking is enabled: Ext.panel.Table.enableLocking config option. Basically it turns the grid into two grids laid in a hBox (horizontal, boxed) layout, with the left (usually) locked grid, and right (again, usually) the scrollable one.

Even though we get both the locked and normal grid instances, binding to either grid's view works in the test case provided, as both are "different views" to the "same data set" (records).

This locking design is there for some time now, and it seems to be reasonably safe to rely on the suggested code. It's just that we cannot guarantee a next version would break this without any notice or changelog entry about it.

Notice that, ironically, the documented config, enableLocking didn't manifest in your test case as true (App.mwgrid.enableLocking => undefined), so it was not a reliable way to tell whether the grid had locking enabled in this special case, when one or more columns has locked = true.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    thanks, that helps me a lot!
    Glad it helped, thanks for the feedback!
    Fabrício Murta