GridPanel problem with Combobox or checkbox, and how to post to the backend for data processing ?

GridPanel problem with Combobox or checkbox, and how to post to the backend for data processing ?

Hi Ext.net Support:

This is AHA-Computer, Technical Support Engineer, Johnson.
    Hope you are well.
    AHA-Computer help user order Ext.NET Pro with 1 year of Premium support about 2023/5/5.

User's information:

Company name: Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, Atomic Energy Council, Executive Yuan
    Contract Name: LIOU,ZE-SIAN
    Contract Mail: rliu5325@iner.gov.tw

Product Description & Version: Ext.NET Pro V7.3
    Developers: 2

Question Description/User's request:

Q4.In the design of GridPanel, is there a template that can be designed like the old version ?
    In other words, the GridPanel could have designs such as Combobox or checkbox, and I can directly edit the data content of the GridPanel.
    If I edit multiple items at a time, how to post to the backend for data processing ?
    Is there sample program for reference in this request ?

For example:
    [Expenditure Category] and [Use Type] means that the template in the Gridpanel uses combobox, and the Gridpanel can also design buttons to process each data.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	25621

I would like to ask Ext.net Support could understand & provide specific answers for above questions & requests.
    Thank you for your support very much.
    Hello, @JohsnonHuang, and welcome to Ext.NET Forums!

First and foremost, a friendly reminder. You don't need to add to your every post your order information, and contractors' company name, contract name and email. Simply saying you're Johnson from AHA-Computer should be more than enough.

Product description+version is useful; for how many developers your order was also doesn't add anything to the thread, ok? But again, it's just a suggestion, if you feel you need to add all this information every post, it's your take.

Please refrain though, in general, from posting personal and sensitive information here. Bear in mind posts here are public and anyone doing google searchs could find your information here. It could lead, for instance, in the contractor's email being hit from the occasional spammer that found the address just by chance. Right? Passwords and keys, that's a no-go, we must remove posts with clearly sensitive information to preserve everyone's integrity.

Now, to the question.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonHuang
    In the design of GridPanel, is there a template that can be designed like the old version ?
    "Like the old version" means they have an existing project using Ext.NET v5 (or lower) and are upgrading to Ext.NET 7?

In other words, the GridPanel could have designs such as Combobox or checkbox, and I can directly edit the data content of the GridPanel.
    You probably can do preset designs using the technique in this example: Grid Panel > Miscellaneous > Reusable Code

There are other ways to do similar things. If it's possible to point how exactly this was done in previous Ext.NET versions (maybe pointing an existing example based in v5 Examples Explorer?), we could probably provide a more accurate answer.

If I edit multiple items at a time, how to post to the backend for data processing ?
    It really, really depends on how your grid is set up. To be precise, we'd need a test case to tell you how exactly to submit the data (or whole grid) and have it updated (a simple test case could use mock data from a static array instead of fetching from dabase, just like most examples in examples explorer do.

So, basically, you could submit an array of records (of just what was changed), the whole grid (may be cumbersome a client-server communication!), a json-serialized string of the data (to simplify data transmission in C#), be it of just the changed records or the whole grid. So again, it depends on how you're designing the page.

The following example pushes the record as it is changed, and sync the grid's "data changed" status as it sends changes to the server and they are applied to the database: Grid Panel > Editable > Editor with DirectMethod

Quote Originally Posted by JohsnonHuang
    Is there sample program for reference in this request ?
    I think I just linked it, right? See if Grid Panel > Editable > Editor with DirectMethod helps. If not, maybe based on this one you could build the test case with your constraints?

For example:
    [Expenditure Category] and [Use Type] means that the template in the Gridpanel uses combobox, and the Gridpanel can also design buttons to process each data.
    By looking at the attached image, it looks like you're just using the Row Editor plug in? For the example linked above, all you'd need to change is <ext-cellEditingPlugin> to <ext-rowEditingPlugin>, and possibly set some specific settings to the row editor, like the "confirm" and "cancel" buttons to save/revert changes to the row, and how many fast-clicks to edit or switch row being edited.

I would like to ask Ext.net Support could understand & provide specific answers for above questions & requests.
    Thank you for your support very much.
    I tried my best to provide accurate responses but where there's lots of uncertainty, unfortunately there's no single answer or no specific one, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps to get started with what's needed in the page/grid, or that at least it helps to get to a point where we can provide more precise answers on what's really needed!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi Fabricio:

Tks for your friendly reminder & notification.
    I would saying I'm Johnson from AHA-Computer and remove other personal information during create new ext.net posts in the furture.

Appreciate for your professional & specific reply sincerely.
    It's really large helpful for user.

I already relay the messages back to user.
    If any update, I will let you know.

Thank you very much again honestly.