[CLOSED] Custom functionality for Ext.Net.CheckColumn with HeaderCheckbox

[CLOSED] Custom functionality for Ext.Net.CheckColumn with HeaderCheckbox

Hi,
    I am using Ext.Net.CheckColumn with HeaderCheckbox in a GridPanel. Need to implement some custom functionality. When the user clicks on the HeaderCheckbox, only checkboxes in rows that have non-null values in a different column -"Cusip", should get checked and all other checkboxes in rows that have null or empty values in that same "Cusip" column should remain unchecked.
    And the header checkbox should toggle accordingly.
    As in if I check all the checkboxes inside rows that have non-null values inside this "Cusip" column, then the header check box should automatically get checked and vice versa.
    Just to clarify, I am not using CheckBoxSelectionModel. I am using Ext.Net.CheckColumn with HeaderCheckbox.
    Let me know if I need to provide more information.

-Hrishi
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Aug 03, 2021 at 11:44 PM.
    Hello @Hrishi!

You have posted in Ext.NET Themes' forum but your question seems not to be theme specific (currently we only have the Spotless theme as our own), but an issue with Ext.NET.

Can you let us know which version of Ext.NET you are referring to so we can move your thread to the correct forum?

In order to attain such a behavior you'll have to override or extend the component. Or follow a different path. The Ext JS framework documentation explicitly states that the goal of the checkbox is to check/uncheck all boxes within that column, with no clear customization of its behavior. But any component is extensible. That would require deeper knowledge of the framework if that's what you want.

Maybe you'd better using a topBar in the grid with a button (or a checkbox field if that's what you want) and give the click (or check/uncheck) handlers the functionality you want -- which is traverse the grid store's records, check the value of the field corresponding to the Cusip column, then select the record in the grid's View.

It usually helps us understand your scenario with a test case, and this seems to be the case, if you still can't figure out a way to make this behavior work with the information provided above.

Looking forward to your follow-up!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Sorry for posting it in the wrong Forum.

We are using Ext.net 5.2.

You can close this Thread.
    I was able to accomplish this by adding a CheckColumn.js file in Ext/override folder and overriding "toggleAll" and "areAllChecked" functions.

-Hrishi
    Hello again, @Hrishi!

Glad you could find a solution that worked for you, thanks for the feedback!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert