[OPEN] [#1863] Plugin TabCloseMenu - closing the tab does not work

[OPEN] [#1863] Plugin TabCloseMenu - closing the tab does not work

Hello support team,
    this thread is not primarily open as a bug report, but rather is intended to help others who use the TabCloseMenu plugin.

As of October 2019, the override gh1648 has been defined for the TabCloseMenu plugin. Now I've found that the method used to close the tab sometimes stopped working over time:
    onClose: function () {
        this.tabPanel.closeTab(this.item);
    }
    That's why I use my own override, which works for me:
    onClose: function () {
        this.tabBar.closeTab(this.item.tab);
    }
    Kind regards,
    Dan
    Hello Dan!

Thanks for the heads up. As this potentially uses Sencha's Ext JS internal/private references they may have changed the behavior without notice and we didn't catch this issue in our tests.

The big question lies in the "sometimes" though. Before we can apply this to our code we must determine "when" that "sometimes" is a thing.

On a different topic, have you posted this in the right forums? Are you using the TabCloseMenu plug in Ext.NET 7? If I am not mistaken, this feature should only be supported on stock Ext.NET 7 once issue #1741 is implemented.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi FabrÃ*cio,
    maybe my wording wasn't correct enough. Immediately after override gh1648, it worked well, but since it's not a feature we often use / test, I've only found out now that it doesn't work again. So it doesn't just work "sometimes", but after a while, it doesn't work again.

Sorry for publishing in the wrong forum, my mistake. This was found on Ext JS version 7.3.1.27 / Ext.NET 5.3.0.
    Hello again, Dan! And thanks for the clarification about the affected Ext.NET version.

It makes sense and I could reproduce the issue in our online example highlighting the TabCloseMenu plugin.

Furthermore, we logged issue #1863 to track and fix the problem and will post a follow-up here as soon as we get this merged to what becomes the next public release. I feel a bit deeper investigation should be made to raise why this worked at some point and what changed so it partially works in latest v4 and is completely unusable in v5.

In the issue we have expanded your override to also fix the Close other tabs and Close all tabs options if you're interested. The fix is just based on yours and further investigation also should take place before we update the existing overrides in Ext.NET.

Quote Originally Posted by NewLink
    So it doesn't just work "sometimes", but after a while, it doesn't work again.
    In the example I pointed above, it is not working at all. Then I logged the issue and expanded in the override to fix also the other menu options.

Thanks for taking your time to report the issue!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert