[CLOSED] RadioGroup - isDirty evaluation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi FabrÃ*cio,
    thank you for your suggestions. Since you consider the described behavior to be expected, I am afraid that the only workable solution in our case is IsDirty() override for RadioButton. The problem is that the value of the RadioButton and the result of its getValue() function are different (as I tried to indicate in the screenshots attached to the very first test case). Based on this finding (meaning this.value always seems to be correct unlike the this.getValue() function), the following override can be applicable:

Ext.override(Ext.form.field.Radio, {

isDirty: function () {
            var me = this;
            //return !me.disabled && !me.isEqual(me.getValue(), me.originalValue)
            return !me.disabled && !me.isEqual(me.value, me.originalValue);
        }

});
    Fortunately, as you pointed out, the submitted form values are correct, and so this seems to be the only correction needed.

Of course, without a deeper immersion in ExtJS code, I can't know if it's a general or sufficiently reliable solution, but so far it works well, at least in our applications.

Thank you for your patience and helpful comments.

The thread can be closed.

Kind regards
    Dan
    Hello again, Dan!

Since you don't really rely on the name setting for anything else, you should be good. But just be wary of client-server communication as this is potentially what has the most potential in being affected.

Quote Originally Posted by NewLink
    The problem is that the value of the RadioButton and the result of its getValue() function are different
    You're right, this is to be expected if more than one radio groups share the same name across a same page (or form, to be more specific). Unfortunately there's not much we can do here.

Your override looks very clean and short so I doubt I would be able to suggest anything better than that for the path you decided to follow.

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you could ultimately settle on a solution that fulfills your requirements!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12