Custom attribute in editor

Custom attribute in editor

Hello

I apologize for generic question (so likelly I will get generic answer)

I'm trying to "connect"
    https://forums.ext.net/showthread.ph...html-attribute
    with
    https://examples5.ext.net/#/Editor/B...mPanel_Labels/

what I would like is to render on each fieldlabel custom attribute (different value on each) and I would like to read get value of custom attribute in the var complete = function (editor, value, startValue)

but I do not see how to get the reference to particular fieldLabel inside the beforecomplate or complete method

Any direction please?

Thanks
    Hello @Ibrohan!

Considering the example you pointed and the forum thread, you can just go ahead and give your component a custom config with whatever value you want.

Assuming the editor selector is always going to meet a field label from a component, on the complete() function, you can reach the component via:

editor.boundEl.up().component.myCustomConfigName
    In case you set different CSS selectors to trigger the editor, you'd need to step in the complete() method and check how, from the editor.boundEl handle.

This handle is the Ext.dom.Element component with the CSS selector you specify the editor to trigger from. In the case of the example, it will always be fields' inner FieldLabel elements that compose the text field.

From this Ext JS class, it is possible reach whatever wraps it via the up() function. In our case, as it is the FieldLabel element within a Text Field, it will reach to the actual text field's Element (not the component instance itself).

From that text field's Ext.dom.Element instance you can then reach the actual client-side component instance where you can set custom config from Ext.NET markup or code behind.

For instance, if the CSS selector was an Ext.NET button or label, you would not need to step as the editor.boundEl would point straight to the component you want -- thus editor.boundEl.component.myCustomConfigName would suffice.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert