Performance Benchmark

Performance Benchmark

Hi
    can you benchmark the performance delta between MVC 5.2 and the new CORE 7.x?

if i have grid with 2000 elements, by grouping and not grouping with some serious renderers (colors. background colors, etc).

If i have a complex page with 20 different forms, then i have a combo (with the name of each form) so i can select from the combo and that form shows and the rest hide.

what is the performance delta to load these pages? i would love to see a benchmark analysis.

Also, even though not all examples exist yet and that is super important, will everything work if we upgrade?
    thanks!
    /Z
    The performance improvement with the new Ext.NET Classic vs the old Legacy (WebForm | MVC) builds is significant.

We are aware of and have isolated several performance issues in Legacy. We will be soon turning our attention to improving the performance of Legacy. We will not be able to get Legacy into same perf level as Classic, but it should be much better with the future Ext.NET Legacy 7.0 release.

The following charts are from some recent preliminary performance testing. There is more work we want to do on the test setup, so I wouldn't consider the following numbers official or final, but they I do feel they provide some good insight into the performance differences between Ext.NET Classic for ASP.NET Core vs Ext.NET Legacy (WebForms | MVC).

In all charts, lower is better:

Also, even though not all examples exist yet and that is super important, will everything work if we upgrade?
    Unfortunately, no. At least not at this time.

Our goal is to work our way through upgrading all the previous Ext.NET Legacy WebForms and MVC samples to Ext.NET Classic, but it's going to take some time.

If you were previously developing on Ext.NET Legacy WebForms, the new TagHelper syntax in Ext.NET Classic should look very familiar.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    that looks very promising.

we are on .net 4.8 so i guess we will start to look at our components and begin the process to remove or upgrade all to .net core and then once we complete that phase, we can start the review process to upgrade ext.

/Z