Need help: Using DirectMethod to set hidden property for ImageCommand

Need help: Using DirectMethod to set hidden property for ImageCommand

I have a grid with a few columns. One of these columns has two ImageCommand "Pass" and "Fail" respectively. I want both of these commands be either hidden (disabled if possible) if a certain criteria is met.

<ext:Column runat="server" Text="Result" DataIndex="Result" Flex="1" MinWidth="180">                            
        <Commands>                                
            <ext:ImageCommand CommandName ="Pass" Icon="Accept" Text="Pass" >
                <ToolTip Text="Pass" />                                    
            </ext:ImageCommand>
            <ext:ImageCommand CommandName="Fail" Icon="BulletCross" Text="Fail">
                <ToolTip Text="Fail" />
            </ext:ImageCommand>
        </Commands>
        <PrepareCommand Handler="command.hidden=App.direct.IsBuildClosedOrValidated();"/>
        <DirectEvents>
            <Command OnEvent="TestReportStepResult_Click">
                <EventMask ShowMask="true" />
                <ExtraParams>
                    <ext:Parameter Name="Id" Value="record.data.Id" Mode="Raw" />
                    <ext:Parameter Name="Command" Value="command" Mode="Raw" />
                </ExtraParams>
            </Command>
        </DirectEvents>
    </ext:Column>
    The DirectMethod returns a boolean value. However, regardless of whether the DirectMethod returns true or false, the commands are always hidden.

NOTE: If the prepare command is written like this: "command.hidden=false;" the ImageCommands shows up. If its true it doesn't show up which leads me to understand that the issue is in the DirectMethod. Of course, I have already made sure that the method is getting called and executed correctly by using a breakpoint.

I am searching for a way to make my commands hidden depending on a property (which can only be calculated trough the code behind).
    Thanks in advance for anyone who might try to solve this issue with me.
    I haven't run any tests to confirm this, but can you try calling either the .setHidden() or .setVisible() function instead of setting .hidden property. For example:

command.setHidden(App.direct.IsBuildClosedOrValidated());
    // or, 
    command.setVisible(App.direct.IsBuildClosedOrValidated());
    Another option to try would be .hide() or .show().

We'll investigate the source and figure out what's possible.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Unfortunately these 4 alternatives didn't work. It made it worse, the columns that were set after the "Result" column didn't even load.
    I have found a workaround for this issue. I added a hidden TextField which would be initialized in the code behind as 'true' or 'false' depending of my parameters. Then, the prepare command would look like this:

<PrepareCommand Handler="if(#{TextValidatedOrClosed}.value=='true') command.disabled=true; else command.disabled=false;"/>
    TextValidatedOrClosed refers to the ID of the hidden TextField.

This works for my issue. We can close this thread.