Navigation icons not visible, upgrading Ext.net 3.1 to Ext.Net 5.2

Navigation icons not visible, upgrading Ext.net 3.1 to Ext.Net 5.2

Hi,

we are upgrading an application from Ext.Net 3.1 to Ext.Net 5.2

In the Ext.Net 5.2 version, all navigation icons are missing (see screenshots).

Do you know how to make these icons visible?

Thanks,
    Arthur Linhart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IconsNotVisible-Ext52.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	25348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IconsVisible-Ext31.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	25349
    Hello Arthur!

These icons are png resources and they still are in both versions. They shouldn't have broken in normal circumstances. Reasons for it not to show include bad Web.Config settings inhibiting resources from being reachable via embedded resources handler, or internet access in case you set up Ext.NET to pull resources off CDN.

You can check the URL Ext.NET is trying to reach by "inspecting" one of the paging toolbar buttons and scrolling down to the .x-btn-icon-el.x-tbar-page-next CSS rule.

Then you can switch the browser's developer tools (that is opened when you right-click and choose "inspect" in the paging toolbar's button) to the network tab (a refresh may be needed) and check the result of that URL -- which will probably be something like 500, 404 or other error HTTP status.

I attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about; I presumed you are using the Neptune theme for the looks of your screenshots, and I used the online Grid Panel > Array Grid > Array With Paging example.

It really looks like a setting went missing in the upgrade process -- I don't see a setting that changed between 3.x to 5.x that could affect resources serving, but it may be a good idea to give your Web.config settings a good check against Ext.NET 5's one.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62912-neptuneIconMissing.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	25350  
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; May 27, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
    Hi,

we have changed our Web.config settings as follows:

<forms loginUrl="Default.aspx" name="IDS-AUTH" timeout="480" slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="AutoDetect" protection="All" requireSSL="false" enableCrossAppRedirects="false" defaultUrl="Dashboard.aspx" path="/" />
    Here we changed
    cookieless="UseUri"
    to the above
    cookieless="AutoDetect"

<sessionState cookieless="UseCookies" mode="InProc" timeout="28800" />
    Here we changed
    cookieless="true"
    to the above
    cookieless="UseCookies"

After changing the web.config, the icons were displayed again for some weeks, but since 31.08.2020, they are hidden again in Google Chrome:

Chrome Version 85.0.4183.83: icons are hidden
    Firefox Version 79.0: icons are displayed
    Edge Version 85.0.564.44: icons are displayed

Do you have any idea why they are hidden again in Google Chrome?

Thanks,
    Arthur Linhart
    Hello, Arthur Linhart!

It is hard to tell what's up. You should though, check the Developer tools (F12), Network tab then reload the failing page. Then from chrome, get one missing image/icon url (it will probably have several 404's or other error code, highlighted red) and then compare it with what you see in a browser that works.

I believe that to be the best course of action to identify the root of the cause. Perhaps depending on how the broken link looks like, we may be able to tell what's wrong. Well, if you yourself still can't figure out the problem given the possibly different URL "asked" by Ext.NET.

Hope this helps, looking forward to your follow-up!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert