GridPanel -> Editable -> Master Page issue

GridPanel -> Editable -> Master Page issue

Hello. I just installed Ext.Net 5.2.0.

I was trying to implement the GridPanel - > Editable - > Editor with DirectMethod.

I copied the example and it worked fine with a standalone .aspx page (.net 4.7.2)

When I tried to implement the example using Master page - it did not work.

My child TestMaster.cs file has the exact copy of server side stuff from the example.

My child TestMaster.aspx has GridPanel defined within <asp:Content...>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">

<h1>Editable GridPanel With Save To [DirectMethod]</h1>

<ext:GridPanel
                ID="GridPanel1"
                runat="server"

My Master SiteMaster.aspx Page has the following:

<form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" SourceFormatting="true" />
            <asp:ScriptManager runat="server" EnablePageMethods="true" EnablePartialRendering="true" >
                <Scripts>
                    <asp:ScriptReference Path="~/Scripts/ExtNet/PageFunctions.js" />
                </Scripts>
            </asp:ScriptManager>
    Where "PageFunctions.js" has the java script from example that calls CompanyX.Edit

I verified that the js code is being called (by putting alerts) when the cell in GridPanel is changed/tabbed out.

It looks like it is having trouble calling CompanyX.Edit(xxx) function.

I also tried to add GridPanel to existing application page (using same Master etc). Getting a different error there.

I will attach both errors.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.21.09 PM.png   Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.05.55 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.06.07 PM.jpg  
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; May 25, 2020 at 4:04 PM. Reason: Format message
    Hello @Dennis, and welcome to Ext.NET forums!

I see by your second and third screenshot an issue that doesn't look like something related to Ext.NET, but by some kind of mishap with ASP.NET session state manager. I think you should look that up. Somehow it only triggers when you include the master page to the process.

This example is not too big, is it? I believe you can just paste your version of the master page and the child page so we can test in out side and see what's going on. If in doubt, I will point three threads that guides with this process in the bottom of this post.

It seems you created your grid panel in the master page, then I don't think your "slave page" is going to see the grid store defined in its master, is it? I mean, the store's very data binding should fail as Store1 won't be present in the slave page's Page_Load() event.

If you switched from the simple standalone to a very complex master page model (with, say, all your application's features), I advise you to take a step back and iteractively develop your simple > master page example.

Iterate through something like:
    1. the standalone simple example (which you noted already works for you)
    2. simple master page just wrapping the example (all defined still in the "slave page")
    3. move the javascript functions out with the asp:scriptManager concept you require
    4. define the grid panel in the master page.
    5..n. iterate through the features of your project, always ensuring all works each new feature you add.

I think this way will be much easier for you to identify what's breaking each step you take.

Hope this helps!

-- the topics I promised --
    - Tips for creating simplified code samples
    - More Information Required
    - Forum Guidelines
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Fabricio, thanks for getting back to me!.
    Actually I did define the grid in the slave page TestMaster.aspx and later on I moved the <ext:ResourceManager...> from Master page to TestMaster as well.

Out Master page is not complicated - it just has the overall site layout and really no functionality, but I will try to create another one with pretty much nothing and see if that causes any issues.

Thanks,
    Dennis.