[FIXED] [#1692] Desktop module icon overlap after window resize

[FIXED] [#1692] Desktop module icon overlap after window resize

Using your demo to reproduce:
    demo:https://mvc.ext.net/#/Desktop/Overview/

1, login,
    2, click Render another module, a dynamic Module icon is appended to the shortcut list on the desktop window.
    3, Resize the browser (I use chrome), the dynamic Module icon is then stacked over the Notepad icon.

Any way to keep the icon order after resizing?
    Thanks
    -susan
    Hello @susanz!

I see this is a behavior that can be partially reproduced since version 2 of Ext.NET. Version 1 didn't feature dynamic modules at all.
    The difference in versions 2 and 3 to 4 and 5 is that the former would add a 'Dynamic module' icon and rearrange icons; the latter, as you witnessed, would add the icon above another on the top-left icon slot.

We will need some time to look this up as this issue is reproducible since so long time, it may be anything from a design limitation, a typo, to just something outside the scope of the sample (left to simplify code). Anyway before we can tell for sure, an in-depth investigation must take place.

Thanks for reporting the issue!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thanks Fabricio!
    We can wait, just let us know when you have a fix.
    Thanks -susan
    Hello Susan!

We have identified and fixed the issue. We have logged it after #1692 in our issue tracker.

There was another issue related to the drawing of the dynamic modules where the shortcut icons were not being removed as it used to be in previous Ext.NET versions due to a bug with the method to remove modules and a recurrence of a fix we applied some time ago. For this side issue, we've logged #1691 and also fixed (undoing the old, no longer functional, fix).

These fixes will be included in the next public Ext.NET release (be it 5.1.1 or 5.2.0, whichever comes next). They are also immediately available if you check out and Build Ext.NET off our premium-only github repository.
    Fabrício Murta
    Hi Fabricio, Do you have the fix for 4.x version too?
    Thanks
    -susan
    Hello Susan!

Since we released version 5, we don't have a schedule for next 4.x public releases anymore. But if you're willing to Build Ext.NET from sources, we can apply the fix in the 4.x branch for you to use it. Do you ever build Ext.NET from sources, or do you have enabled your access to the sources via github?

If you have a github account, you can ask, via hello@ext.net, for access to the Premium Ext.NET repository.

When you do, just click the link for the commit in the issue (linked in our second post in this thread), then you can grab the override straight off it and use in your application. It will most likely work in 4.x.

What do you think, worth a try?
    Fabrício Murta
    Not sure. I need to talk to my team. They are in mid of testing the new build which is scheduled to deliver soon.
    I will let you know.
    Thanks
    -susan
    Thanks Fabricio!
    Our proj manager agreed to not change build for this issue at this point.
    Please close this ticket.
    Thanks
    -susan