[CLOSED] Layout issue with Dataview

[CLOSED] Layout issue with Dataview

Hi!

I want to center my dataview inside a panel, but if I use pack, I need the layout to be HBox or VBox.

Each one presents their own challenge:

• HBox makes my dataview no longer responsive, and instead adds a scroll wheel and each object inside it goes in a horizontal fashion
    • VBox means that all items within the DataView are now listed vertically and are no longer responsive.

All I want to do is make my dataview go to the center of the panel :)

Please let me know
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Mar 13, 2020 at 10:55 PM. Reason: no feedback from the user in 7+ days
    Hello @cslocus!

Can you draw a sample of the dataview the way you need it? Then we can experiment from that point and give you a couple solutions you can follow to keep items at its center.

One thing I think is monitoring the resize event to adequate the contents without allowing the scrollbar to show up, and keep them in center; this would more or less be equivalent to making a "manual responsiveness handling" instead of leaving all job to the native support. But I can't suggest anything specific without knowing exactly what we're talking about, how you are drawing the layout, and how would the arrangement would be satisfactory for your needs.

Looking forward to your follow up!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hey (:

Sorry for the late reply!

I want it so that the dataview is always centered on screen.

That way, even when the items need to go onto a new line, the screen will always have the DV in the center.

For example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forum_DV.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	25296

Should be centered, rather than having the space on the right.

Please let me know if you need any additional info (:
    Hello @cslocus!

Sorry for lacking clarity in my last message. With "draw a sample" I didn't mean a screenshot, but a sample test case code of the page. Just so I can see how exactly your dataview is built within its container; and then I can give you a solution that actually works for you. Maybe, you basing your dataview page in an exemple in our MVC Examples Explorer? I could use that as the test case if any of those DataView samples fits your scenario, would just need you to point one that's okay.
    Fabrício Murta
    How exactly do you pull the sample test case code, Fabricio?
    Hello @Sawin, and welcome to Ext.NET forums!

We have dedicated threads to guide on these steps. We didn't post them here as we already provided them to @cslocus in his other thread. In any case, the threads are:

- Tips for creating simplified code samples
    - More Information Required
    - Forum Guidelines

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello @cslocus!

It's been a while since we last responded this thread, yet no feedback from you. We're sorry we couldn't help you to this point, but it would really help if you provided us ways to understand your issue so we could better aid you to solve it.

Is it the case you're still looking for help with the issue? If so, we eager to help you come up with a test case if you're having trouble to reproduce it in a simplified test case.

If you don't need further help on this inquiry, or if you don't reply here in 7+ days from now, we may mark this thread as 'closed'. Even with that, we won't lock up the thread, so you will be able to post back whenever you want.
    Fabrício Murta