Thanks for reporting the issue!
The problem is because Ext JS 7 upgraded its Font Awesome glyphs' references from version 4 to 5 (for the font awesome). As the component does not support the other themes' resources "out of the box", the Examples Explorer had (following Sencha corresponding example) imported the font (version 4). With Ext.NET 5 release, we didn't update the font reference in the example, thus the issue was triggered.
We simply upgraded font awesome from 4 to 5 in examples explorer and updated the example; now it shows the expander icons accordingly in all themes. We also fixed an issue where it was not working with the Graphite theme (we assumed Graphite included FontAwesome, which seems not to be the case, or at least some rules do change in it).
So, the approach we took was to just upgrade the Font Awesome package and references in the project. Alternative solutions would include:
- Override the expander CSS rule (
) to reference the correct Font Awesome 4 glyph; this would mean a "downgrade", and smallest set of changes between shown alternatives
- Point font awesome 5 resources straight off Ext.NET, basing in what's referenced when using one of the supported themes; this would avoid adding further resources to the project at the cost of hardwiring dynamic Ext.NET resources
You can now just open the corresponding examples (starting by the simple treelist one
) in Examples Explorer (MVC version fixed as well
) to check what was changed. You can also take a look at the history in Ext.NET Examples Explorer (WebForm sources
, MVC sources
) at github.