[CLOSED] [1.0] Wont the Container have vertical scrollbars with its Layout being set to RowLayout

[CLOSED] [1.0] Wont the Container have vertical scrollbars with its Layout being set to RowLayout

I had a 0.8 code with a Panel with its Layout as RowLayout. It had 3 LayoutRow's whose total height exceeded the parent panel's height. And the vertical scrollbar was automatically attached.

After converting the above code to 1.0, I could not in any way get the vertical scrollbar for the parent. The overlown content was simple clipped. With no way out, I dumped RowLayout &amp; resorted to <table>,<tr>, and <td> tags which worked.

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Wont the Container have vertical scrollbars with its Layout being set to RowLayout

Hi,

I think in this case the correct layout is ContainerLayout. The RowLayout cannot exceed parent height

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Wont the Container have vertical scrollbars with its Layout being set to RowLayout

Again a breaking change that should be documented. In 0.8, the RowLayout could exceed the parent height.

r_honey (12/29/2009)Again a breaking change that should be documented. In 0.8, the RowLayout could exceed the parent height.
    This could be a discussion about what should be considered a "Bug Fix" or a "Breaking Change".

I did a little research and it appears this might have been related to changes done within the ExtJS Layout manager. Maybe prior to ExtJS 3.x this was a hidden defect which has now been fixed.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I agree. As I said in the other thread, thee might well be Bug Fixes or Enhancements in the ExtJs 3.1 version.