[1.0] Bugs

[1.0] Bugs

1. Enabled property does not work on Button.
      I set:
      btn.Enabled=false;

Nothing happens. The button is still enabled when rendered.
      I changed it to:
      btn.Disabled=true;
      The button gets disabled.

RE: [1.0] Bugs

Continuing with the bugs, there are 2 issues with the combobox:

1. <li value="2">The first is with the server-side ReadOnly property. As soon as you set this property, the combobox drop-down button is not shown. You cannot expand the list in any way, not even when you are typing into the list.
      This was not the case in 0.8 version.
    2. The client-side ComboBox expand() method. This method does NOT expands the list unless the list had been made visible atleast once by clicking the combobox drop-down method. i.e. if you manually call expand() but the combobox list has not been shown before by clicking the drop-down button, the list does not becomes visisble.
      WORK-AROUND: Call the combbox's onTriggerClick() method. It works.
    I was pretty confused as to whether to report the above 2 points in brekaing changes or as bugs.

Hi,

1. Enabled property. Do not use Enabled property for Coolite controls. ASP.NET produces extra markup which breaks client side logic. Use native Disabled property. I think we should to add server side exception if Enabled is used

2. According ExtJS 3.1 documentation
    ReadOnly : Boolean<div class="mdesc" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); "><div class="long" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; line-height: 18px; "><tt>true</tt> to prevent the user from changing the field, and hides the trigger. Superceeds the editable and hideTrigger options if the value is true. (defaults to <tt>false</tt>)
    <div class="long" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; line-height: 18px; ">

<div class="long" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; line-height: 18px; ">Use Editable to prevent inputing
    <div class="long" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; line-height: 18px; ">

<div class="long" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; line-height: 18px; ">3. By default the dropdown list is lazy init. Therefore manually calling of expand can fail. Set LazyInit="false" for Combo
    <div class="long" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; line-height: 18px; ">LazyInit : Boolean<div class="mdesc" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); "><tt>true</tt> to not initialize the list for this combo until the field is focused (defaults to <tt>true</tt>)

Related to #1, heres an earlier thread discussing the Enabled vs. Disabled properties, see

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?postid=22963.aspx

We did take a good look at this problem and there appears to be no clean way to work-around this defect (in my opinion) within the ASP.NET WebControl class.

We could throw an Exception, although there may be instances where a developer (or other controls/logic) would require the .Enabled property.

Long story short... please use the .Disabled property instead of .Enabled.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

As I said, probably I should have reported these as Breaking Changes between 0.8 &amp; 1.0. All of the 3 above work the opposite way in 0.8 &amp; 1.0.

I'll review them again and add to the 1.0 CHANGELOG.txt.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Was surprised to see this thread being moved to the Help section. In any case, I believe some of the issues I have reported might well have been due to ExtJs, with Coolite 1.0 migrating to ExtJs 3.1 from the earlier 2.x.

r_honey (12/29/2009)Was surprised to see this thread being moved to the Help section. In any case, I believe some of the issues I have reported might well have been due to ExtJs, with Coolite 1.0 migrating to ExtJs 3.1 from the earlier 2.x.
    I moved from Bugs to Help because there was nothing to fix. Yes, these items should have been listed by us in the CHANGELOG.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

DirectMethodNamespace property on ResourceManager has no effect.
    My markup was as follows:

<ext:ResourceManager runat="server" DirectMethodNamespace="NS.SubNs"></ext:ResourceManager>
    However, I could still access DirectMethods only through the Ext.net namespace.

Hi,

I have checked DirectMethodNamespace and it works correctly. Please provide test sample